Which bootie workout is best?

Options

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have an old knee injury, so lots of squats cause considerable pain. This is why I'm looking into something that shows me multiple types of bootie exercises - not JUST squats.
    Weight squats, if done properly will not hurt your knees. Start with a lighter weight and work your way up. I'm stating this from experience. I was a catcher, gymnasts, and cheerleader. All of those caused me lots of knee pain eventually. I tried insanity and almost died because it killed my knees. Running as always been an issue. Weighted squats have done nothing but make my knees feel better. They strengthen the muscles around your knees and make them more stable. I was scared at first but I am in love with them now. And I'm not doing just 20 lb squats, up in the range of 185 lbs 5x5 and working my way up.
  • rlxsn
    rlxsn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also, try and stay away from 'steady-state' cardio like running as it tends to flatten the bum. Sprints are a great for the bootie though!
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I got fantastic results with Brazilian Butt Lift and Chalean Extreme (a lot of heavy weight squats). Honestly, I think you're better off getting Chalean Extreme or another weight lifting program.

I'm interested in the results. Do you have pictures? I was hoping for a more bubble butt bootie, but like a manly bubble butt. Not like a bodankadonk sexy, I want to bite it booty.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts

Pause deadlifts

Single leg deadlifts

And if you have a chronic knee issue, strengthening your quads will do wonders for it. Try front squats and Bulgarian split squats.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I have an old knee injury, so lots of squats cause considerable pain. This is why I'm looking into something that shows me multiple types of bootie exercises - not JUST squats.
    Weight squats, if done properly will not hurt your knees. Start with a lighter weight and work your way up. I'm stating this from experience. I was a catcher, gymnasts, and cheerleader. All of those caused me lots of knee pain eventually. I tried insanity and almost died because it killed my knees. Running as always been an issue. Weighted squats have done nothing but make my knees feel better. They strengthen the muscles around your knees and make them more stable. I was scared at first but I am in love with them now. And I'm not doing just 20 lb squats, up in the range of 185 lbs 5x5 and working my way up.

QFT

I've had several knee surgeries and was originally terrified to squat because I remembered the pain all too well. I started with just the bar and worked up from there, too. Even after squatting 485 I don't have any pain now. Just give it a try with proper form; it's well worth it, I swear.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    deadlifts

and hip thrusts

^^^this and vvv-this
    barbell-hip-thrust1.jpg

Barbell hip thrusts

Aaarrgg Mia you beat me to it :wink:
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    walk on the step mill the right way. Long strides not eveyr step wait until your back foot is almost off the step and then step up and dont not grab or hang off the handles hold your balance with your body.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll play a fun game with you.

<
    This booty is brought to you Butt Bible, squats, hip thrusts, and various dead lifts.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll play a fun game with you.

<
    This booty is brought to you Butt Bible, squats, hip thrusts, and various dead lifts.

As much as I personally want your booty, I don't want your booty. So I'll have to stay away from those programs. ; )
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    deadlifts

Stiff legged Deadlifts would be best. Traditional are more for back, not so much legs or butt, although they are engaged.

You asked which is the best. The best is weighted barbell squats and lunges.

What? DL do work lower back and a bit of upper true, but I find it hits the legs and glutes, harder than SL deads do. I find SL deads hit lower back and hamstrings more than traditional deads, but def not glutes, though they do hit them as well.
  • kinzieplatt
    kinzieplatt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started with just my elliptical, did JM 30 Day Shred, moved on to Turbo Jam, graduated to Turbofire (my FAV), and sneak in JM Body Revolution here and there. My arms look great, my legs are pretty good, and I've got good defintion in abs :). My biggest trouble area continues to be my bootie. I'm looking into Butt Bible or Brazil Butt Lift. Any opinions out there? I'm leaning towards Brazil Butt Lift - should I go w/ the base kit or bite the bullet and get the deluxe kit? Thanks!

Brazil Butt Lift is amazing. I've personally got great results and so have people in my challenge groups that have done it!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I started with just my elliptical, did JM 30 Day Shred, moved on to Turbo Jam, graduated to Turbofire (my FAV), and sneak in JM Body Revolution here and there. My arms look great, my legs are pretty good, and I've got good defintion in abs :). My biggest trouble area continues to be my bootie. I'm looking into Butt Bible or Brazil Butt Lift. Any opinions out there? I'm leaning towards Brazil Butt Lift - should I go w/ the base kit or bite the bullet and get the deluxe kit? Thanks!

Brazil Butt Lift is amazing. I've personally got great results and so have people in my challenge groups that have done it!

Did you get the base kit or the deluxe?
  • kinzieplatt
    kinzieplatt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got the basic one. I believe that they're both the same price though? is your coach in contact with you?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Backshots. :smokin:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

I'm going by what I've read. I don't actually think Deadlifts hit glutes at all. But, I probably do them wrong. I've read that for some people, they hit more back and less legs, and for others it's more legs less back, just depending on their body style, and lift style. Neither is wrong. I'm definitely more lower back and traps, and I feel it in my hammies too. But, most back for me.

I used to do stiff legged Deadlifts, and those hit the legs hard. But, neither hits the glutes for me.

I would be impossible to perform any kind of Deadlift variation without glute involvement.

They might not get sore, but they are very much involved,
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I got the basic one. I believe that they're both the same price though? is your coach in contact with you?

The base kit is $70-ish and the deluxe is $135-ish. I'm going to do some of what everyone above has suggested, but keep this on the back burner for now.

Thanks all of you who gave meaningful advice. :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

The base kit is $70-ish and the deluxe is $135-ish. I'm going to do some of what everyone above has suggested, but keep this on the back burner for now.

Thanks all of you who gave meaningful advice. :)

For what this is worth, Butt Bible is entirely on YouTube.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels's "Killer Buns and Thighs" is great! I really got good results and only started level 3 recently. It's a good cardio and strength workout all in one.