CRUNCH-N-PLANK!

Options
Clew
Clew Posts: 910 Member
No, that’s not a new menu item at Long John Silvers … it’s a September challenge that my buddy Gerkenstein and I cooked up! We’ve both developed an unexpected love for challenging ab-routines … and being that we both have been enjoying monthly challenges to push ourselves further, we thought we’d start our own for September. And if any of you guys want to join in, PLEASE FEEL FREE! Let’s make it a party!

Here’s the basic plan:

SEPTEMBER CRUNCH-N-PLANK CHALLENGE:

2,000 sit-ups and 90 minutes of planks in September.

Here are the details:

This is a totally casual thing. I’m going to start a thread here for anyone who wants to check in or add input or talk about their progress or whatever, but you don’t have to register anywhere or go to twohundredpushups.com or anything like that – You don’t even have to check in if you don’t want to. It’s just a fun friendly challenge, where you’re in competition with no one but your BIGGEST competition: yourself.

As for the sit-ups guidelines: That’s totally up to you. Whatever kind you want to do for the 2,000:

If you like crunches or bicycles or whatever variation more than actual situps, fine. If you want to do different sit-up styles every time, that’s fine too. Go with it!

If you want to count 25 regular, 25 right oblique and 25 left oblique as 75, fine. If you want to count it as 25 (the set of 3 moves counting as 1), fine. However you want to challenge yourself!

If you want to do 67 sit-ups a day every day, or 134 every other day, or 200 the first week and 400 the second and 600 the third and 800 the 4th - whatever works for you is cool. Make it your own!

Same general idea goes for planks.

Do sets of 45 seconds, then 30 seconds, then 15 seconds.

Or do 20 1-minute planks week 1, then 15 1½-minute planks week 2, 10 2-minute planks week 3, etc. to add up to 90 minutes by the end.

However you want to break it up and whatever you perceive as a goal move or set is cool, just do it!

You get the picture. Piece of cake, right? Well, probably not. But it’ll be a challenge for sure.

So who wants to ROCK THEIR ABS with us?!?!

Replies

• Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY in!
  • Clew
    Options
    YAY! Thanks, Nina! :heart:
  • antiadipose
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'll see what I can do :) I'll rock my non-abs :)
  • Brookejanae
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • ThatGirl_1968
    ThatGirl_1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had to do the "daily goal" math instead of the weekly goal math! I'll give it a shot.....67 situps/day and 3 mins of planks/day for the month of Sept. (Of course the daily goal may fluctuate depending on muscle fatigue!! lol)
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm so in it's ridiculous :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to MOVE IT!:drinker:
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    i am so in its ridiculous. I need to work on my abs anyways. This gives me a goal to work towards.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Need more reasons to workout more! Cazy to say that, but my hubby is always saying "You worked out this much today already, lets do something else". Excited to see if I can actually do it! I'm willing to commit to it and say I BETTER DO IT! ALL OF THEM!
  • kmcme
    kmcme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whoa I I DEF wanna try this!!
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm definately in for the crunches, but planks scare me.:laugh: We'll see how it goes!
  • zumbalori
    zumbalori Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll def give it a shot! I HATE planks but know they are good for me so this will give me some inspiration and a reason to do them. :smile:
  • Clew
    Options
    WOW I'm so excited so many people are interested! Strength in numbers, friends :))

Thanks for the support. Our abs are going to be SMOKIN' by October! Woohoo! :drinker:
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I absolutely need to do this! My abs have always been my worst trouble spot...but not for long!!!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Already doing planks and crunches so mine as well push myself. great idea!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm in - I may discover some hidden muscles :laugh:
  • clarkecolin
    clarkecolin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but what the heck are planks??
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Clark - Planks are when you hold the push-up position. Make sure your hips are pulled in so your body is a straight line. If it's too hard supporting yourself from your hands to toes, you can go down to a less advanced stance from your knees or on your forearms. I like doing mine from my toes to my forearms. Hope this explains it! Otherwise, click here: http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/plank.html
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • clarkecolin
    clarkecolin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah,

I don't feel like such a plank now

Colin.