Options
    Is...is this for real?
    Is-This-Real-Life-Or-Is-This-Just-Fanta-Sea.jpeg

Caught in a landslide
    hD128AE26
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    In developed nations, in particular in the USA, more women are earning Bachelor's Degrees than men, which has been impacting the dating marketplace. Single childless women in their 20s in major metropolitan areas have been out earning their male peers of the same age, having wide ranging implications.

TLDR the entire thing, but this rocks ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ women are awesome, that is all. Keep up the good work ladies and only date men who deserve you. You know, like men who don't think about dating too much and instead think about how to make you laugh.

i read a blog once that said women don't like to laugh... so, i'm calling shenanigans on your advice!

shenanigans-south-park.jpg?w=480
    Dangit. The blogs bring the truth out again. Just as quck as my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. *cries and sobs (like all women do without laughing) in the corner*
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It's sad that people stereotype all women as shallow money-hungry fiends, that's kinda how OP came across.

You must be unfamiliar with OP's "work" in the forums.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    omgicanteven.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure those are just some of the costs of being a successful adult. I've been married for 10 years.

1. I have a smart phone. It was $100 with my contract. Most adults have cell phones as do many children.

2. I have a nice dwelling in a major metropolitan area.

3. I go to the gym and buy cosmetics. I wear cosmetics as often as I did when I was single (which really isn't that often).

4. I have an adequate vehicle and it's well maintained.

5. I have a bachelor's degree AND a master's degree (although of course you can be successful without a degree).
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I guess people who can't get dates spend time writting tl/dr stuff about dating.
  • Slippyslope
    Slippyslope Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Coming back to read this when I have time. Please don't anybody, do anything, to get this locked and removed. I did say please. :smile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thing because my attention span is pretty short, but I wouldn't care if a guy had a smartphone. I would actually admire him for not having one.

I have a friend who makes lots of money, wears expensive clothes, drives an expensive car, made thousands of dollars' in upgrades to his townhouse, but can't understand why he can't find a girlfriend. Probably because he cares more about his "stuff" than anyone else does. As long as you don't pick me up in a ratty t-shirt, cut-off sweats and Crocs on our first date, I'm cool.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    2ivegid.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    you forgot to factor in the cost of roofies. they are a necessary expense for those who make lists like this.

They should've put a like button in the forums, not the news feed!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Hi CupcakeDammit! :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Hi CupcakeDammit! :flowerforyou:

Hi Mister Universe! :smooched:
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    This post makes me so sad for you OP. If it's a joke and you're trolling, it's not super humorous...it's just sad. Seriously, it makes me puppy dog face. The only reason you do stuff like maintain your car and have a nice phone and get an education and take care of yourself is because you're looking for a woman...but you're alone. There's so much desperation and so much missing all the basics to an actual deep meaningful relationship. It makes me so sad. I'm sorry. I hope you find your way.

If you're just trolling, can you be funny next time?
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Here's my #1 dating tip for guys: Don't be a *kitten*. Women don't like bitter, angry, misogynists who view dating as a battle or competition. Relax, be kind, be sincere, appreciate and recognize that woman are complex individuals just like you, not faceless, interchangeable prey to be stereotyped and then resented when they don't do exactly what you want. I've read some of those stupid "How to get women" sites and they're laughable. They portray women as basically non-human safes that can be cracked with certain words or actions so that men can get to the goodies inside. Having the right car, clothes, neighborhood, etc. is not going to get you a woman if you're a shallow, disrespectful, objectifying jerk that only sees women as gatekeepers of sex.

This comment kind of makes me want to date YOU. :love:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Please allow me to respond with at least as much sense as was present in the original post...

12120.gif
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Guys who are smart, funny, handsome, positive, and good in the bedroom don't seem to have any difficulty. I guess it trumps all of that other stuff.

Women who are smart, funny, and positive -- appearances and bedroom behavior aside -- bring to the table three of the four or five most important characteristics for a great date, and a great relationship.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    OP, although you are not a very popular member around here, I try to always at least see your standpoint and what thought process you use to form your opinions, even though doing so generally makes my skin crawl. You're an intelligent guy, so my question is this: why not try and use your intellect and energy in getting to know girls in a manner that will qualify them for a potential relationship? I can assure you that some women have qualities you might find appealing enough to have a relationship with. Am I incorrect in assuming that you spend much of your time and energy in finding flings and one night stands? Have a few bad relationship experiences formed your current perception of monogamy?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    OP, just save yourself the money and follow this approach next time.

magic_attractive.gif
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You forgot the cost of unplanned pregnancies. Each kid costs $250k, since it keeps happening to you and all.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    OP has figured out the super secret costs (AKA being an adult with discretionary income) of dating. The super secret personality traits that don't invoke their gag reflex still elude him