Extra skin??????

Options
2»

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options

Great read, thanks. Of course, I loved the comparison because I have two Shar peis of my own (not counting the extra skin on my body)
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I think I"m gonna pass out, this shiz is just getting TOO exciting. I had NO idea you guise were SERIOUS about the new years stuffs? Last year I was so busy just tryna tread water in here I wasn't paying enough attention. BRB pantiliner!

OMG me toooooo! WTH! lol
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I actually have been using it for a month. I mix it with Shea butter. I've noticed a huge difference in my stretch marks and loose skin.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've had two girls & C-section, I know what your talking about, the more I lift, and the heavier I lift, the less I see.....and that makes a happy me!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy weights and time. I lost very quickly with excessive cardio in the beginning and it was BAD. My skin had a lot of hanging in the stomach(2 c sections and 1 was 9lbs so I already had stretch marks and skin stretch anyway), the tricep area and my thighs. The belly took about a year after beginning maintenance and tons of ab classes and it got better....same with the triceps. The thighs are a work in progress, but running hills is helping. Just be patient and add weights during your loss and it will works itself out over time.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've looked into this a lot and this is what seems to be the reality.

There are a lot of factors involved in whether your loose skin will rebound or not so there is no one pat answer.

How much you lost. - The more you had to lose, the less likelihood for rebound.
    How long you were fat. - The longer you were fat the less likelihood for rebound.
    Your age. - The older you are, the less likelihood for rebound.
    Your skin's natural resilience.

Also note that it may only partialy rebound.

If it's going to rebound, it probably will take a little while, so give it some time.
    Lotions and such can't hurt and may actually work, and I've heard a lot of good feed back regarding strength training.
  • struggeling53
    struggeling53 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 75 pounds, gone from an 18 to a 5/6. I have been taking collagen, and working out and between the two my skin is tightening up. Hope this helps.
  • tdawn1017
    tdawn1017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    THis is a real bad issue for me...I have lost over 181 pounds and i am working hard to toe..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!