I can't kick my cravings

Options
13»

Replies

• _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Lately especially at night I crave sweets and I've been indulging in ice cream and peanut butter cups every night for the past week now!!! So I went to the grocery store and instead I picked up lollipops. I figured instead of eating ice team every night I would substitute it for a lollipop to save in calories and at the same time satisfy my sweet tooth. Does anyone have any tips on how to satisfy a sweet craving?

I didn't read through everyone's response, but lately I have been fueling late night sugar treats. Sure they are within my calories for the day, but I could eat more nutritional foods for the calories I am consuming. One thing I have found is if it is NOT in the house--I wont binge. Im far too lazy to get dressed and go out in arctic temps to drive to a convenient store to buy candy. Now if I have a craving and there is candy in the house--it will be in my mouth!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I got really overweight indulging my sweet tooth late at night, like 258, the heaviest I have ever been. I quit fast food, soda and candy, cold turkey and lost 10# in a week - yeah, I was that bad.

Keep some healthy foods around, drink water, check out your diary and what all those sweets do to you.

Last, commit yourself to weening off the junk food.

I have done the opposite. Instead of weaning myself off of junk food, I have embraced it and made it part of my daily life.
  • wheird
    Options
    Lately especially at night I crave sweets and I've been indulging in ice cream and peanut butter cups every night for the past week now!!! So I went to the grocery store and instead I picked up lollipops. I figured instead of eating ice team every night I would substitute it for a lollipop to save in calories and at the same time satisfy my sweet tooth. Does anyone have any tips on how to satisfy a sweet craving?

I didn't read through everyone's response, but lately I have been fueling late night sugar treats. Sure they are within my calories for the day, but I could eat more nutritional foods for the calories I am consuming. One thing I have found is if it is NOT in the house--I wont binge. Im far too lazy to get dressed and go out in arctic temps to drive to a convenient store to buy candy. Now if I have a craving and there is candy in the house--it will be in my mouth!

Go on...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    mot_zps4a0f798e.jpg

i really dislike fitspo like this. a few motivating words over an in shape woman. this one basically says "eat less, don't you want to be skinny?" sends a really bad message in my opinion.
  • wheird
    Options
    mot_zps4a0f798e.jpg

i really dislike fitspo like this. a few motivating words over an in shape woman. this one basically says "eat less, don't you want to be skinny?" sends a really bad message in my opinion.

I read it an see a message for discipline in order to achieve a good level of fitness.

Different perspectives.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    mot_zps4a0f798e.jpg

Instead of chocolate I'm sure she is eating chicken.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    mot_zps4a0f798e.jpg

I read it an see a message for discipline in order to achieve a good level of fitness.

Different perspectives.

I thought damn I hope that girl they cast for Wonder Woman will get beautifullly buff like this. That's an Amazonian warriors body. Fantastic.

#nerdzone
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just went cold turkey off sweets and refined stuff. It suxed for a few days but now I don't miss it. I enjoy a nice bowl of fruit with dinner and it satisfies me. I'm also one of those people who lacks self control when it comes to junk food. I envy those of you who have added it back in in moderation. I just can't do it.