I need friends the "Eat Clean" :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't be misled by statements about things being one molecule away from something scary. H20 is water. H2O2 is peroxide. They're one molecule apart, but that one molecule makes a big difference. You wouldn't claim that water was unsafe to drink because it's one molecule away from peroxide would you?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    OP - are you weighing and measuring all of your food?

The post about 1 cup of almond being 100 calories is the perfect advocate for being as accurate as possible with your logging. That includes weighing all solids and measuring all liquids. I personally would not measure nuts with cups because that can be grossly inaccurate - I would choose to weigh them instead.

Of course, as others said, there is no real reason to restrict or negatively label any type of food.

Read these two links, you will be grateful you did:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Oh and almonds. They are very filling and 1 cup of almonds is appro 100 cals. They kidna supress hunger. For me and lots of my mates anyway.

Um, what? A cup of almonds is far more than 100 calories.

And they arent filling or suppress hunger.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Oh and almonds. They are very filling and 1 cup of almonds is appro 100 cals. They kidna supress hunger. For me and lots of my mates anyway.

Um, what? A cup of almonds is far more than 100 calories.

And they arent filling or suppress hunger.
    Apparently they do for some people. I'm prepared to allow as to how that could be. They're absolutely not for me. They're also absolutely not 100 cal per cup. :ohwell: