Is WINE a no no?

Options
13»

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My take:
    Don't make anything "forbidden" or you'll crave it and go crazy. Alcohol is pretty much a non-issue for me as I'm not much of a drinker but we usually have some alcohol for New Year's. This year it was a purchased 6 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade Blood Orange flavor. Have had 3 of them in the intervening time and still lost 2 pounds this week. :)

The answer is moderation and activity. If it fits my calories for the day and I want one, I have one...ONE. :drinker:
  • MaegK
    MaegK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't think an occasional glass of wine is a big deal, especially due to the possible health benefits. I enjoy an occasional glass or red, and my nutritionist said that is find, and may even have health benefits.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say your body is oxidizing alcohol so much for energy as much as it is oxidizing it purely to get it out of your system.....
    As mentioned by ninerbuff all other forms of oxidation will stop until the alcohol has been used up....
    Thus the reason people get the spare tire....
    Cause while they are drinking there alcohol they are eating things like nuts, which are high in fat, so if they are over their TDEE, that fat will never be burnt, but stored.

This is a good article to read on the issue
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/nutrient-intake-nutrient-storage-and-nutrient-oxidation.html
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NO! It's not a no-no. That amount you described sounds fine. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I personally don't drink, never have.....
    But that is just me.