Skinny Sat Challenge!!!

Options
:flowerforyou: Do you need a weekend boost? I sure do! Many times the weekend is a challenge to get through and we end up undoing everything we worked so hard for through the week. Take the Skinny Saturday Challenge and finish your weekend with a smile on your face! Here's what it entalis:

Think double, double, double! :happy: :happy:
Double your exercise~ :tongue: :tongue:
Double your water intake (within healthy limits)~ :drinker: :drinker:
Double your willpower to stop eating after dinner and log every tidbit that crosses those lips! :bigsmile:

Just let us know now if you are in....then check in and out when you can tomorrow to let us know how it is going and encourage someone else. :heart: Grab a buddy and make the c ommitment! There is power in numbers....I know one thing for sure.....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN! :bigsmile:

Bring it on Mr. Saturday!!!:laugh:

Replies

• Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot! :o)

Tomorrow is a cardio day for me and usually on my cardio days I do 20 min on the stairmaster and 25 on the treadmill. So tomorrow I'll do that PLUS I'll ride my horse, I'll go for a run through my neighborhood, and I had already been planning to clear one of the riding trails that got trashed during a storm last week (that will involve a good deal of hiking and pushing logs and debris).

Good luck everyone!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Yes weekends, are rough. I plan on trying harder this weekend
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    After today, I'm going to need a Skinny September! :tongue:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I can do this, what the heck!
  • loriwilliams310
    loriwilliams310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN!

THANK YOU!!!
  • khillman77
    Options
    I'm in too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Let's kick this weekend off right....Go For IT!!!!!
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Great IDEA. I was already doing a double workout........quess what Iam in. Love it !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am in! Tomorrow is another Cardio day for me. I may have to substitute one cardio challenge for gardening. We really need to catch up on our Vegetable Garden! But I will be taking my dogs for a walk and or bike ride. They love to run along next to the bike....its good for their cardio too! LOL!

ok and double the water I can do...eating double well i can do as well!

I will check back in tomorrow night!
  • piwalk
    piwalk Posts: 2
    Options
    I will make that my goal also!
  • katherb
    katherb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im game it is my first saturday since i started mfp so it will do me some good
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • showers1989
    Options
    iF YOU NEED SOME EXTRA MOTIVATION IM MORE THAN HAPPY TO BE THERE. I KNOW WE COULD ALL USE IT SOMETIMES
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Im in!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: So glad you are in! What a great team! If you haven't done so, please share what your gameplan is for the day. I am up and ready to double, double, double!

I plan to get a morning workout under my belt soon., :tongue: That motivates to follow my plan and gives me a feeling of success right away. I have a water pitcher to fill and chill! I can chug icewater! :drinker: As far as eating goes.....I plan on doubling the fresh fruit and veges I usually eat as well. I always feel so much better when I make this a focus. Rebelrenny challenges us to do this regularly. It sure wakes up your whole system.....give it a shot! She takes one or two days a week and goes total vege and fruit. I am not there totally but am better than I was.:wink:

:heart: Don't forget to check in and out and let us know how it is going and encourage a new friend. Let's do it!!!!:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Going to join you somewhat today....but I am going to do something even more better or challanging for me....me and my husband (NO KIDS) are going out with another couple tonight for dinner....haven't done that in ages...really excited........anyhow, will get my BMK challange work in this morning (very shortly) and then hoping to go for a nice bike ride with the kids if I can get my son up (getting up early for school now has wiped him out--but it is only 815am here so I will cut him some slack...) will get plenty of water in today....my son's first football (flag) game is today...and I think its supposed to get pretty hot again today.....anyway.....have a wonderful SATURDAY Challange everyone......:drinker:
  • showers1989
    Options
    im up but need a nap before i can think of conquering the day. hopefully my son will go to sleep then ill be energized. I plan on eating a meal high in protein low in calories then going for a 2-3 hour walk on the trail. the time depends on how it goes never been to this one before. im going to double my crunches and etc. and double or at least 1.5 times my water intake well see ow that goes also. Good luck to everyone if anyone needs some motivation for today just log on and ill be here for support
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a few beergaritas & cake & ice cream to work off from last nights birthday party! :laugh:

I'm going for a bike ride, have some steps to run, lots of heavy yardwork including dirt hauling, and hopefully clean the garage too! I have my water pitcher all filled up & I'm ready to get my skinny on! :drinker:

Good luck to all & welcome to the newbies! :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I'm in!

I am getting to the computer so late these days. My first exercise of the day is done. Dug up the septic tank lid so it can be pumped. I lead such a glamorous life!:tongue::bigsmile: :happy:

I am also planning a round of "Agricise" which will involve Preparing the bed, with compost and the tiller and then moving my Rhubarb clumps. Then I will have a round of sod cutting and tilling a new bed for the Hydrangeas I bought yesterday.

I plan 30 mins on the elliptical, and will see what else I can fit in.

Lots of water in already and a breakfast of avacado, salsa, cottage cheese, fresh tomatoe, and lite corn chips. Powered up for hours.

Alice
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    iF YOU NEED SOME EXTRA MOTIVATION IM MORE THAN HAPPY TO BE THERE. I KNOW WE COULD ALL USE IT SOMETIMES
    Thanks, showers! I went WAAAYYY over on calories yesterday. A friend of mine took me out for dinner and I was so bad. :grumble: I'm back on the wagon today though. One really bad meal won't ruin my whole week. Planning a long bike ride this afternoon and then maybe a walk later in the day. Thanks for the support! :happy:
    Happy Skinny Saturday, everyone! :drinker: