Skinny Sat Challenge!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Love the new photo, Skywalker. You will whip those cals in no time, kick them to the curb! I'll join you for a skinny September!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Hello All, I'm in!

I am getting to the computer so late these days. My first exercise of the day is done. Dug up the septic tank lid so it can be pumped. I lead such a glamorous life!:tongue::bigsmile: :happy:

I am also planning a round of "Agricise" which will involve Preparing the bed, with compost and the tiller and then moving my Rhubarb clumps. Then I will have a round of sod cutting and tilling a new bed for the Hydrangeas I bought yesterday.

I plan 30 mins on the elliptical, and will see what else I can fit in.

Lots of water in already and a breakfast of avacado, salsa, cottage cheese, fresh tomatoe, and lite corn chips. Powered up for hours.

Alice
    Holy cow, Alice! :noway: I don't think you need the elliptical after all that! :tongue:
    And digging up the septic tank lid doesn't mean you're not glamorous! In my opinion, it's way cooler to be a do-it-yourselfer than a girlie girl. :laugh: :laugh: So, good for you! :flowerforyou:
    ...That's one of my 2 cats...
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Alice, I am tired just reading all your work....have you met Kelly (she's another hard yard worker) you guys are the bomb!!

Sounds like everyone is having a successful Sat Challange.....completed my morning BMK challange (plus my additives) and went for the bike ride with the kids (one in tow in a trailer)...was hoping to burn a little more calories on the bike ride but had to kinda slow down for my son.....kinda hilly where I live...but a good workout for both of us none the less....heading for my 8th (8oz) glass of water......next I will be serving lunch.... (including some zucchini and fresh peaches)......will try to check in again a little later....:happy:
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Checking in:
    Got up early to feed horses at a rescue center where I volunteer, and 2 of the horses were loose!! Managed to catch them and bring them in, and fed all 10 horses. Then got to ride my own horse bareback for about 30 minutes (requires more activation of your core muscles to stay balanced). Then spent a good 2-3 hours clearing an overgrown bridle path with a machete and pruners. Just now got home for a bit of rest, and then I'll be off to the gym for some cardio!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :o)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Checking in - It's nearly 2 in the after noon and still haven't eaten yet today. I don't call that will power or even condone it as a good thing... I'm just not hungry and have decided to start listening to my body more when it comes to eating.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Great IDEA. I was already doing a double workout........quess what Iam in. Love it !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

hahah! Being in love does help! I think the last time I was in love I dropped 10 lbs w/o even trying.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Checking in:
    Got up early to feed horses at a rescue center where I volunteer, and 2 of the horses were loose!! Managed to catch them and bring them in, and fed all 10 horses. Then got to ride my own horse bareback for about 30 minutes (requires more activation of your core muscles to stay balanced). Then spent a good 2-3 hours clearing an overgrown bridle path with a machete and pruners. Just now got home for a bit of rest, and then I'll be off to the gym for some cardio!

OH MY GOSH! That's a lot of work! I don't know if I've have the energy to do the gym after a day like that! LOL
    You rock!
  • katherb
    katherb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    so far so good i did all my work outs except for 1 yay and i am getting ready to go do it now. i also have done really good watching my cals. the one thing i do need to do is drink more water today. Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen. look like u guys are doing great
  • Dancerten
    Options
    Checking in:

OH MY GOSH! That's a lot of work! I don't know if I've have the energy to do the gym after a day like that! LOL
    You rock!

Haha, thanks! I have actually changed my plans... While changing into my gym clothes I discovered about 20 seed ticks crawling around my legs (for anyone not living on the eastern seaboard seed ticks are teeny teeny ticks slightly smaller than a pin head, they look like specs of dust) GROSS right? So I had to hop into the shower to scrub them off, and now I've kinda lost my motivation to get sweaty again. So now I think I'll just take the dog for a nice long walk around the neighborhood :o)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well I got my 10 mile bike ride in this morning, then mowed the lawn, did some dirt hauling in the yard & a bit of gardening as well, then I ran my steps for 7 minutes! I finally took some time to just lay in the sun & start a book. :happy:

Now I'm headed out for the evening with friends & have lots of calories built up for my dinner!

I have 14 (8oz) waters down already for the day so far.:drinker:

Its a skinny Saturday for me! Hope you all had a great one! See you on the Wednesday thread!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Well I got my 10 mile bike ride in this morning, then mowed the lawn, did some dirt hauling in the yard & a bit of gardening as well, then I ran my steps for 7 minutes! I finally took some time to just lay in the sun & start a book. :happy:

Now I'm headed out for the evening with friends & have lots of calories built up for my dinner!

Its a skinny Saturday for me! Hope you all had a great one! See you on the Wednesday thread!

Wow! You put me to shame! And now you have energy to go out.....I am envious! You have a wonderful time - you deserve it!!!:drinker:

:happy: I did great with water and exercise today. I am also good on cals. I totally stayed home today. That really makes a difference in how I eat. After totalling my cals and exercise my "if everyday were like today, in 5 weeks you may weigh..." was below my goal! :bigsmile:
    I never quite make what MFP will predict I will in 5 weeks but a girl can always hope!!!! On the couch sipping a sugar free hot cocoa feeling pretty proud of all of you for your hard work! :smooched: Hope to see you on the Skinny Wed. Challenge! :flowerforyou:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I did it! I mowed the lawn for an hour (push mower). I usually split it up between front and back yard, but the challenge helped me push myself to just get it done! Later on I did an hour of Zumba - Sculpt & Tone and Flat Abs. Doing all of that made it really easy to double my water intake. I was done with food at 8:00 p.m. I still have calories left over, but I'm not hungry and I think I will save some for my once in awhile breakfast out. Not going overboard, but it's nice to have calories in my back pocket, LOL!

Can't believe I did it! Yay me! :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

:heart: That is some volunteer work you are doing! I am proud of you for giving your time to such a worthy cause! And I am not horsing around! :heart:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    :drinker: So glad to see so many of you did great today. :drinker:
    I guess I didn't totally fail but didn't succeed either. Got up at 5:30 this morning to set up a garage sale we had and was thrilled we sold $75 worth of stuff and had money to grocery shop so that was a success. Ate good today but am so exhausted from garage sale just can't get the motivation to work out tonight on top of the rest of it. Maybe after a shower I will feel up to it but highly doubt it as TOM showed up this mornign which has helped to drain my energy. Tomorrow is another day though.

Have a great one all!!!!
  • Dancerten
    Options
    Checking in:

:heart: That is some volunteer work you are doing! I am proud of you for giving your time to such a worthy cause! And I am not horsing around! :heart:

Thanks! I really love it, it's so great to see horses that were on death's doorstep when they arrived leave looking happy and healthy. :o)
  • skywalker
    Options
    Checking in late. Planned on doing a short walk in the evening, but that didn't happen. However, I'm still happy to report a Skinny Saturday accomplished with a 41mile bike ride which burned just under 2000 calories. :bigsmile: I've GOT to move to a flatter state. :laugh: The hills get the credit for the high calorie burn. :tongue:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies what impressive results.

The calories burned on your bike rides are over the top! Great job! I burned just under 900 counted cals today and was floating by days end.

How fortunate are we, to have this site, the time to commit to improve ourselves. and a great group of people for support.:drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    How fortunate are we, to have this site, the time to commit to improve ourselves. and a great group of people for support.:drinker:
    Absolutely! :drinker:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Wow! You put me to shame! And now you have energy to go out.....I am envious! You have a wonderful time - you deserve it!!!:drinker:

:happy: I did great with water and exercise today. I am also good on cals. I totally stayed home today. That really makes a difference in how I eat. After totalling my cals and exercise my "if everyday were like today, in 5 weeks you may weigh..." was below my goal! :bigsmile:
    I never quite make what MFP will predict I will in 5 weeks but a girl can always hope!!!! On the couch sipping a sugar free hot cocoa feeling pretty proud of all of you for your hard work! :smooched: Hope to see you on the Skinny Wed. Challenge! :flowerforyou:

WOW, SHARON! That's exciting your "in 5 weeks".... is below your goal! :bigsmile: I started writing mine on the calendar so it gives me another challenge to shoot for! So far not working....but it is close (within 3 lbs). :grumble: