30 day shred

Options
hi
my new year resolution is to lose 18 kg. i have started 30 day shred along with 1200 calorie diet. i am 5 feet tall and weigh 63.8 kg/ 140 lbs.

i am on day 3 level 1. i need some motivation and someone who will join me in this.

anyone else done this before? and how much difference has it made (health, inches lost, sleep better)

my target is 46 kg/ 103 lbs
age 23

Replies

• sophiecreton21
    sophiecreton21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred last year and loved it - lost about 6inches and the majority was from my stomach! I only did the workout and counted calories - 1600 a day, so with the food plan you'll do amazingly! Good luck! X
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thanks Sophie I hope I lose inches from my stomach too. dont wanna look pregnent :cry:
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just started it and love it, it kicks my butt but is over quickly. I am only doing it every other day though because I'm almost 50 and my muscles need the extra rest (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ). I do yoga, walking and/or biking on the alternate days. I love the upper body work because very weak upper body and I already feel stronger and like I stand taller.
  • MsSoFly
    MsSoFly Posts: 16
    Options
    Ive done half the 30 day shred 3 times..

It is a fantastic workout and from the first time alone I had an amazing result of losing 7 inches altogether from level one.
    My number one downfall?
    I found it extremely boring... :/
    That is why I fell off the first time...

The second time I tried just doing the workout but listening to my own music. Eventually I fell off again...

If you can keep attention, and get through it, like I said.. The results can be amazing!
    If you don't enjoy it? Try going about it a different way..

I really wish you luck!
    You got this!

:D
  • I started the 30 day shred on Thursday- and my legs feel completely destroyed. Jillian Michaels is evil, but brilliant :P. It's amazing how good/bad you can feel after 20 minutes, but you can definitely feel it working. Can't wait till my thighs get over the initial shock of real exercise so it's easier and hopefully slightly more enjoyable.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too and I'm on Day 7, but still on Level 1. Going to move up to Level 2 on Day 10. Did it religiously for a week and then Christmas hit so I ended up taking a week off since I wasn't at home. Back at it and I've already seen progress. Those pushups kill on the first day, but I'm almost to the point that I can do three on my toes. Feel free to add me!
  • Pinkmushrooms
    Pinkmushrooms Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today and I really enjoy it. I'll join you. :) I just hope I can balance it with school.
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    I am on my second day of level one and I feel it in al of my muscle, especially my thighs and butt they are killing me. I love how much I hurt after just one night of it because that makes me look forward to how much progress I will have from 30 days of it all. I love it :) I have to lose the majority of my weight from my stomach, thighs, and hips (I have horrid shelf love handles) and my buttox could use it too and I feel the burning in all of those places. I can't wait to proudly report my inches lost and my weight lost :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i did it last year i lose of 5 pounds she sure kicked my butt but it was worth it. i've also done ripped in 30 and body revolution. shes great. she will have you curseing crying and mad lol if not annoyed. i'm giving her a break this year for a while. i'm doing insanity then T25. then back to JM
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 4!!! Its my first time. Hoping that it will help kick start my weight loss again.I need to lose about 50 more :/
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did it 2x...lost a total of 16inches overall...

Only suggestion is that if you are eating 1200 calories make sure you eat the exercise calories back....
  • marlowe824
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just started the 30 day shred today. thought I was going to throw up near the end. I'm not couch potato and I walk at least 20 min on my treadmill 4-5 times a week. Ive heard great things about this and am hoping it works. I will be posting on my workout daily as to keep myself motivated and hopefully make some new friends along the way.
    I am putting a big X on today on my calendar.
    I hope to make it till the end.
    Kim
  • sm_4ever17
    Options
    I am on my second day of level one and I feel it in al of my muscle, especially my thighs and butt they are killing me. I love how much I hurt after just one night of it because that makes me look forward to how much progress I will have from 30 days of it all. I love it :) I have to lose the majority of my weight from my stomach, thighs, and hips (I have horrid shelf love handles) and my buttox could use it too and I feel the burning in all of those places. I can't wait to proudly report my inches lost and my weight lost :)

Agree I am on day 3 and cant walk, sit properly
  • sm_4ever17
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just started the 30 day shred today. thought I was going to throw up near the end. I'm not couch potato and I walk at least 20 min on my treadmill 4-5 times a week. Ive heard great things about this and am hoping it works. I will be posting on my workout daily as to keep myself motivated and hopefully make some new friends along the way.
    I am putting a big X on today on my calendar.
    I hope to make it till the end.
    Kim

I was doing 4 miles on my cross trainer but didn't see any difference. I am on day 3 level 1 and already lost 0.5 inch from thighs and stomach
  • sm_4ever17
    Options
    I did it 2x...lost a total of 16inches overall...

Only suggestion is that if you are eating 1200 calories make sure you eat the exercise calories back....

Aww thank you so much I completely forgot about that but how do you count the calories? Is it cardio?
  • Edinburgh1986
    Options
    Hi,

I just got the 30 Day Shred today and hope to start tomorrow or Monday.

Just want to check - are you meant to do 10 days at each level or just stick to what you feel comfortable with? Ok, I know comfortable is totally the wrong word but you get my drift. Comfortable enough that you can cope with it and aren't going to die of a heart attack during the workout!

I've done Week 1 of C25k but probably going to do 2 weeks of each level as I have a tonne of weight to lose and don't think my legs will cope very well if I increase the running too quickly!

Thanks!
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi,

I just got the 30 Day Shred today and hope to start tomorrow or Monday.

Just want to check - are you meant to do 10 days at each level or just stick to what you feel comfortable with? Ok, I know comfortable is totally the wrong word but you get my drift. Comfortable enough that you can cope with it and aren't going to die of a heart attack during the workout!

I've done Week 1 of C25k but probably going to do 2 weeks of each level as I have a tonne of weight to lose and don't think my legs will cope very well if I increase the running too quickly!

Thanks!

Some people just suggest 10 days for each level as it would make sense with it being 3 levels and 30 days, but you can do it however you want. I personally stick to the 10 days for each level, but I know of a few people who will do more or less of each level depending on how easy they find it. If they find themselves getting bored with it and they find it's becoming too easy, they'll skip to the next level even if they haven't completed the 10 days. If they find the level they are on is still a bit too tough for them and they don't feel ready to move on, they'll do that for a bit longer until they are.

Just do whatever you're comfortable with :)
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    hi
    my new year resolution is to lose 18 kg. i have started 30 day shred along with 1200 calorie diet. i am 5 feet tall and weigh 63.8 kg/ 140 lbs.

i am on day 3 level 1. i need some motivation and someone who will join me in this.

anyone else done this before? and how much difference has it made (health, inches lost, sleep better)

my target is 46 kg/ 103 lbs
    age 23

I lost quite a few inches on it and noticed my body was a lot more toned and my cardiovascular fitness and strength improved :) I can't remember if it made any difference to sleep for me but it probably did make me more tired, it really does take it out of you!

Stick with it and you'll definitely notice results. :)
  • danicarenee
    danicarenee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am literally in the same boat as you, only difference is I am 5'3. I love it! I already feel like I replaced my butt cheeks with two bowling balls! lol. I use 5lb weights but need to use at least 8lbs for the bicep curl exercise. After 3 days I am already noticing that certain areas are getting a little more toned. Add me as a friend and we can keep tabs on eachother
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred a couple times, over the years, and love it. I'm going to start again tomorrow hopefully and join you!
    Going to florida in 45 days, so I have some motivation because Jan 1 didn't do it!