300 calorie breakfast recipe ideas?

Options
124»

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I cleaned out the fridge and used "left over bits" of meat and veggies and random cheeses to make mini wonton quiches. I made a dozen each of:
    Blue cheese and veggies
    Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese and Scallop
    Cheddar, sausage and mushroom.

I entered each as a separate recipe and depending on "fillings," each ranges from 60-90 calories. For an under 300 breakfast this morning I had: 2 veggie/blue cheese and 2 sausage/mushroom. YUM! and so filling!
  • fificrazy
    Options
    In the fall/winter, I like to have a fruit (grapes, apple, or an orange), oatmeal (Better Than Oats brand- much better texture and far less sugary than the instant oats I had as a kid, but pretty solid on the flavor for only 130-170 calories), and a soy latte. But if you're not a coffee person, or that's just unrealistic for you to buy/make haha, I'd go for a Carnation Breakfast Essential packet (tastes JUST like hot cocoa mix, buuut it has vitamins- also would be a good snack idea to sip on until lunch!)

In the summer, I'll have bread of some sort (bread roll, English muffin, bagel etc), some meat (not gonna lie- I often go for some turkey jerky :D cold salmon is of course a choice if you want to go all Scandinavian) and either some orange juice or a banana. I'll alternate on the sweet days with a yogurt parfait! Banana and tropical fruit (kiwi, pineapple...). Top it with granola, or hemp seeds, or flax, or your favorite cereal. Could even go for a fun kind like Lucky Charms, you just need enough to provide some crunchy texture.

Almost need separate threads for lunch and dinner ideas or my reply will take an hour to write... haha
  • Doc_V
    Doc_V Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, teaspoon honey, few spoonfuls rolled oats, cup of frozen berries- layered and fridged overnight for a quick breakfast. ~250 cal, depending on ratios. Very filling.

Toasted sandwich thin, 2oz deli ham, one sliced boiled egg, the tinest smear of mayo- 200 cal and keeps me full for hours

Omelet made with one egg, two egg whites, half ounce of sharp cheese and a full cup of steamed broccoli. Yuuuum. Under 300 cal for a huge portion.

Lunch/anytime- huuuuge salad (lettuce, roasted peppers, cucumbers, onions, etc) topped with 1/2 cup cottage cheese, seasonings like garlic, and lots of lemon juice with a drizzle of olive oil. I eat this once a day at least and a salad the size of my head for dinner was 170 cals.

I also really like savory breakfast food. I'm a fan of congee- rice porridge cooked with broth and topped with soy sauce and fried onions, sometimes meat or veggies. A huge bowl is about 100-150 cals and I get a taste of awesomely sinful white rice without going overboard. http://www.chow.com/recipes/29184-ginger-chicken-jook-rice-porridge
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! bump :wink:
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I like pigs in a blanket.

Sausage link (67 calories depending on brand) rolled in an egg white (25 calories) = 92

Way under 300 calories but it is a fun option :flowerforyou:
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Oatmeal

so good

Handful of oatmeal
    Tablespoon of pb
    Tablespoon of sugar

I add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to exactly that. Godly breakfast.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Spinach carrot banana apple almond milk smoothie plus cottage cheese or a boiled egg (250cals, give or take)
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good thread! This is what I usually do...sometimes I'll throw in sausage or bacon, maybe some toast. It really depends on my mood. I don't make pancakes or waffles too often, but I did find a low berry-filled crepe recipe that is really good. The calories are usually between 200-300 more often than not. Sometimes I'll throw some fruit in on the side.

260 Calories
    General Mills - Fiber one Protein Cereal (Maple and Brown Sugar - 1 cup
    Blueberries - 1/4 cup
    Skim milk - .5 cup

Egg & the hole - 234 calories
    2 egg whites
    Sara Lee 45 calorie bread - 2
    Ketchup
    Banana

222 Calories
    Jimmy Dean - Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles - 1/2 cup
    Mission - Yellow Corn Tortilla - 1
    1 large egg
    2 egg whites

270 Calories
    BSN - Syntha-6 - Strawberry Milkshake Protein Powder - 1 scoop (LOVE this stuff)
    Skim Milk - 8oz

200 calories (Egg sandwich)
    2 slices of bread, or a english muffin
    Kraft cheese singles - 3%
    1 egg white
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    300 calories is more like a snack than a meal, but if I had to keep under 300 calories, I'd do scrambled eggs with salsa or other veggies.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    300 calories is more like a snack than a meal, but if I had to keep under 300 calories, I'd do scrambled eggs with salsa or other veggies.

This. Three egg omelet with cheese, mushrooms, and tomato. Scrambled egg whites. A frittata. Etc.
  • imaj79
    imaj79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Saving this! Great ideas!
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • emma417
    Options
    egg white, slice canadian bacon. a little , little cheese , leaf of basil i/2 slice of toasted very thin pepper.farm bread
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Lunch...Taco Bell...

2 Fresco Beef Soft Tacos
    1 Pintos & Cheese minus the cheese
    1 side of rice

Empty the taco filling in a bowl. Save the tortillas for a future meal/snack
    Add the rice and beans.
    2 packets of hot sauce

380 calories
  • jazchlo
    jazchlo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brieclarke3
    Options
    Thomas muffin original nooks and crannies - 120 cals (that's for the WHOLE muffin)
    One Kirkland organic brown egg - 70 cals
    Sometimes I toss in a slice of cheese Kraft American choice - 70 cals
    Total: 260 calories. I have this maybe every two days!