• Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you. :blushing:

I suppose it must be more of an English saying then...? :smile:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I've had flu for the past two days, and weirdly my diet has been far better than it normally is. Eating well is significantly easier while I sit in bed watching silly documentaries.

Try to eat small meals, like vegetable soup, wholemeal toast, wholemeal sandwiches and salads. I had a frozen banana earlier, since my throat was really sore. Avoiding greasy food should stop you from vomiting.

The most important thing is to drink as much water as you can. Try to avoid caffeine and alcohol.

...avoid caffeine and alcohol? You are kind of mean. :(
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

Yes :) Also things y'all say that I love:

Naughty
    Clever
    Pissed
    Wanker
    Sod off
    and Daft Cow

:)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Yes :) Also things y'all say that I love:

Naughty
    Clever
    Pissed
    Wanker
    Sod off
    and Daft Cow

:)

You said ya'll! My Texan heart goes :love:

And I really want to go to England one day so I can speak with the cool accent and use all the cool words. Altho they will most likely laugh at me for my Texan accent. My son has turned me into a Whovian, and I really love to listen to them speak. lol. Except for Donna. Still can't understand a word that girl says!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I know when im sick I just think about getting better rather than couting calories, saying that doesn't give me the excuse to eat a dozen krispy kremes
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am getting over a nasty flu/respritory thing. There was one day where I didn't have anything but water. The next day I was able to stomach some pb toast, a half a tortilla with cheese, and some hot and sour soup. That's about it. At this point I'm just about eating normally but still really small portions..

Feel better!
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Wait. Does said grilled cheese contain tomato?

You know what that starts, woman!!!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, please, don't eat dairy products when you have a sinus or respiratory illness. You need to thin the mucous in your body. Try drinking spicy ginger tea and eating spicy chicken/veggie soups.

And for tummy trouble, stick with mild and clear foods like instant broths (no msg!) and chamomile tea, or just don't eat until you feel like it, but do try to drink as much as water as you can so you don't get dehydrated.

Feel good everyone. Let's hope for a healthy (slim and trim) 2014!