myth: you can't build weight loss on a deficit

Options
pcastagner
pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
I'm living proof. So don't give me this thermodynamics crap. You can build weight loss on a deficit while getting stronger.

Replies

• reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest way possible......hunh? :flowerforyou:
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    I think the guy means build muscle on a calorie deficit.... Glad he got stronger on a deficit, but it really depends on where you're starting from. Chances of someone building muscle, man, on a deficit, say starting with 10 or 12 % body fat is pretty much impossible... Starting with 40% body fat would be pretty easy
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think the guy means build muscle on a calorie deficit.... Glad he got stronger on a deficit, but it really depends on where you're starting from. Chances of someone building muscle, man, on a deficit, say starting with 10 or 12 % body fat is pretty much impossible... Starting with 40% body fat would be pretty easy

I figured newbie gains....and that other people wouldn't be as nice about his mistake.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Y u mad, bro?

Do you have more to back this up or is this all you got?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Build weight loss on a deficit? :huh:
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    Y u mad, bro?

Do you have more to back this up or is this all you got?

Well... One of his inspirations is emotional stability...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'm living proof. So don't give me this thermodynamics crap. You can build weight loss on a deficit while getting stronger.

hB4C8D9A5

(or his joke attempt needs a proofreader)
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Oh snap! I meant to post this in the derp section but all I found was chit chat, fun, and games. ;)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    you-ve-got-derp-o.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    derp-1.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Step this way to the derp section:

r8sgpk.jpg

You've arrived!

wbzd7c.jpg
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Also by eating clean I've been able to build muscle without a surplus. I got heavier too, so obviously it's not true.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    "build weight loss", wtf does that even mean?
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    Also by eating clean I've been able to build muscle without a surplus. I got heavier too, so obviously it's not true.

So you gained weight from a calorie deficit. Did you sow the hole in the back shut, haha
  • pcastagner
    Options

So you gained weight from a calorie deficit. Did you sow the hole in the back shut, haha

I think I just forgot to watch my sodium and drink enough water. Either that or I ate too late in the day and gave myself metabolic damage.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    But what about losing fat by rubbing lemons on the area? I heard that works? Or is that freckles?:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    But what about losing fat by rubbing lemons on the area? I heard that works? Or is that freckles?:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Dude, Lemon Rubs is how I did it. Spot reduced my gut and I drink a case of beer everyday
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I think I just forgot to watch my sodium and drink enough water. Either that or I ate too late in the day and gave myself metabolic damage.
    An 8 day juice fast will fix all that for you right quick. ;)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lp0wqpTpd71qgirsoo1_500.jpg