I ate 500 calories over maintenance today

Options
should i do anything?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You could:
    1. Eat a little less over the next few days.
    2. Burn off those extra calories through a workout.
    3. Realize that it happens sometimes and not worry about it as long as it isn't an everyday occurrence.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    You could:
    3. Realize that it happens sometimes and not worry about it as long as it isn't an everyday occurrence.

This.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You could:

This.

Agree. Can't add anything better. Get on with it!
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    me too! :( plan on getting back on track tomorrow.
  • lLionMindl
    lLionMindl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    forget about it. tomorrow is a new day.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You could:

Agree. Eat it, log it, and move on. One day won't make any difference in the long run. I did about the same damage on New Year's Eve, but it's all good.:smile:
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What they said.... plus

Try to understand why it happened or how you could have made a better choice so next time whatever happened comes up again - you can do it better.

That's all I got. It's not the end of the world.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Remember that a pound is 3500 calories, so 500 is no big deal. Do better tomorrow.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    its saturday..eat up!
    once a week is all good!
  • mammaminor
    Options
    Don't feel guilty, because it'll just discourage you! I would suggest trying to keep a sated appetite at all times, keep healthy snacks around that FEEL like bad ones (yogurt, cheese, pineapple) and if you feel the need to binge, binge on celery, broccoli, or homemade popcorn. i have a serious bingeing problem myself and i find if i drink tons of water and eat lots of protein and a variety of other nutritious foods throughout the day (make sure you hit all your food groups!) you'll feel less empty at the end of the day. <3
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. Don't worry about it. Just start anew tomorrow. It will be fine. :)
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Punish yourself tomorrow by going (at least) 500 under.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This post just inspired me to eat 9 more doritos
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You could:

This.

Agree. Can't add anything better. Get on with it!

I agree as well!

This may or may not help you, but I actually track my calorie and macro targets on a weekly basis. That way I am never upset if I am over or under my goal on any specific day.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress over it.

Did you gain weight? No? Then what's the problem?

Did you gain weight? Yes? Do a deficit for a few days until your weight settles down again.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Nothing to it.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the weekly calories you consume under the nutrition portion of your app.

I will eat under my daily calories one day/week so I can eat a lot on Saturdays. (I'm over 1,000 over my maintenance for today.) Works for me and allows me to enjoy myself.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    What I would do is forget it happened, not beat myself up over it and get back onto healthy eating tomorrow. Don't worry, it's only 500cals! xx
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Lol! Me too! 9 more bags :D
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the weekly calories you consume under the nutrition portion of your app.

I will eat under my daily calories one day/week so I can eat a lot on Saturdays. (I'm over 1,000 over my maintenance for today.) Works for me and allows me to enjoy myself.

I do this too-usually I eat less calories on Monday and Tuesdays and then my weekends are epic :bigsmile: I did alternate day IF for weight loss and even though I no longer do it, the high/low calorie pattern has stuck with me and I think it's one of the reasons I'm maintaining so well. There's nothing wrong with eating over your maintenance calories, as long as you compensate for it on another day.