I ate 500 calories over maintenance today

Options
2»

Replies

• 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would say just forget about it and continue as normal ... it happened to me plenty of times and it never hindered my weight loss plan ... one must expect a few falls ... this is life ...
  • mammaminor
    Options
    Punish yourself tomorrow by going (at least) 500 under.

This sounds like it could lead to an ED, i would not reccommend.
  • Vegan_85
    Vegan_85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I stopped keeping a food diary for a few months after reaching my goal weight. Despite eating junk food, and way over 1,200 calories, I didn't gain any weight. I think your body gradually adapts to normal amounts of food again. In hindsight, 1,200 was too low for me, and I was tired and hungry throughout the year I lost the weight.

Don't worry about it. An extra 500 calories one day will do you no harm at all.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This may not mean much coming from a guy my size but worrying about 500 cal extra on any one day is a destructive mindset that is unsustainable in the long run. You just can't live that way.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    One day is irrelevant....losing, maintaining, gaining are all about what you're doing on a consistent basis. You're not going to gain any fat having eaten 500 calories over maintenance for a single day...that's not the way the body works. The human body goes to great efforts to maintain and can make use of occasional excesses of energy (calories)....it takes consistently under-eating or over-eating to override your body's ability to maintain.

I pretty regularly exceed my maintenance calories...I'd say at least twice per week...I've been maintaining just fine for 7 months.
  • nwoychyshyn
    nwoychyshyn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started back eating right and blow it Saturday. So I come on here and track my eating so I can get on track tomorrow and the next day. One day at a time. I watched Doc Zone (Canadian show) They said do diet and habit breaking in moderation. Don't beat yourself up if you slip just get back on the horse.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You could:
    1. Eat a little less over the next few days.
    2. Burn off those extra calories through a workout.
    3. Realize that it happens sometimes and not worry about it as long as it isn't an everyday occurrence.

This.

Agree. Can't add anything better. Get on with it!

I agree as well!

This may or may not help you, but I actually track my calorie and macro targets on a weekly basis. That way I am never upset if I am over or under my goal on any specific day.

Agreed - I am a more of a weekly girl myself.

Also agree with what everyone else said. At the end of the day, one day over isn't going to harm you! and it sounds like you are very aware of it, so just start fresh today!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    should i do anything?
    Yes. Move on and realize that we all eat over sometimes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.
    This is such excellent advice! :laugh:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    500 calories. That's it....go get that larger size now. Your weight is coming back on tomorrow.