I'm starving. What can I do with my last 66 calories?

Options
Any Ideas greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?

66 big bottles of diet soda is the only thing I can think of...
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly? Fat free Greek yogurt?
    Or a quick workout to earn another 100?
  • briannahuddleston
    Options
    boil pumpkin and put spices and soy sauce on it :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of veggies.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Go over them
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Go over them

This.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm...serious?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Go over them

This.
    Yeah, I would. It's one day. You can easily eat up to your maintenance level (or even slightly over) for this one day, and still be at a deficit for the week. You don't have to hit the numbers exactly every day in order to be successful.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Frozen (or fresh) raspberries microwaved to get the juices out mixed with a pot of yogurt
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of veggies.
    I'd do this. Or have some cheese. But mainly, I wouldn't worry that I had 66 calories and eat enough to fuel my body. If you're "Starving" and out of calories, you probably aren't eating enough. If you have the munchies, eat something crunchy.
    But if you're HUNGRY eat something. And figure out how to make what you're trying to do SUSTAINABLE.

Perhaps you could open your diary so we could offer more specific suggestions?
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Prepare a healthy meal with lots of protein and veggies, wave to your daily limit as you go past, log it honestly, and try to prepare better tomorrow.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Eat. The. Food. :bigsmile:
  • widebride
    Options
    half a grapefruit and some gum.

j/k. If you're really hungry, then go over. You'll go over some days, it happens.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Eat over and charge it to another day, but remember you cannot eat those calories for the other day.
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would dance around the house for 7 minutes to "earn" an extra 36 calories, then try any one of these:
    http://greatist.com/health/100-calorie-snacks
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    1. Cup of bouillon (will send sodium through the roof though)
    2. Celery with laughing cow cheese wedge
    3. Salad, no dressing or big bowl of steamed veggies

It won't hurt your progress to eat into your deficit one day but I get how it can psychologically throw you off. Drink a ton of water too.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles.
  • zLeaDr
    zLeaDr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nutrient dense crunchy or leafy veggies . . . raw brocoli, zucchini, spinach, etc. If you make a salad, use fresh lemon or lime juice or a seasoned rice wine vinegar (15 calories) instead of dressing. If you go over, you'll be satisfied and will have made healthy choices. Also, a flavorful fortified drink, such as Vitamin Water Zero (0 calories) will fill the cracks and add to your flavor satiation. I love the "Squeezed" (lemon) flavor.
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes I am serious :)

I don't want to go over as I'm starting again after a bit of a set back and after Christmas. I have also recently upped my calories: MFP put me on 1200, after reading on here, I've upped them, so am more cautious about going over ( I'm short...). Still working out whether hunger is genuine hunger or craving after bing used to eating more.

I am going to have a big salad.
  • blrfitz
    Options
    I like sugar snap peas (crunchy) or an apple with half serving of raw almonds (protein helps satisfy), plus hot tea or coffee. Mixed raw veggies or greens with a few nuts also works well. I usually do some kind of exercise to buy myself a few more calories.