Howdy. and wtf

Options

Replies

• Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I was 322 4 months ago. I am now 273 with 40lbs left to lose, I will be at my goal in 2-3 months. At which time I will be posting before and after pictures. And you are right I dont "need" anyone. Im strapped with a heart that burns with the love and courage I need to succeed. I am here to show off and inspire when the time is right, Im going to show you all that nothing is impossible if you want to bad enough, and heres a pic i took last night.

http://s27.postimg.org/t5u830br3/1527959_3887995653937_244488166_n.jpg

322lbs - 273lbs = 49lbs
    4 months * 4.5 weeks/month = 18 weeks

49lbs / 18 weeks = 2.7lbs / week.

So, okay, steady 4 to 9; or average 2.7.

WELCOME TO MFP! Please just don't help any users with math questions.

:heart:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've seen big losses like that in people who do very little and eat a lot then suddenly become active. Good luck and welcome.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I was 322 4 months ago. I am now 273 with 40lbs left to lose, I will be at my goal in 2-3 months. At which time I will be posting before and after pictures. And you are right I dont "need" anyone. Im strapped with a heart that burns with the love and courage I need to succeed. I am here to show off and inspire when the time is right, Im going to show you all that nothing is impossible if you want to bad enough, and heres a pic i took last night.

322lbs - 273lbs = 49lbs

LAWYERED!!!!!

HA!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    , Im going to show you all that nothing is impossible if you want to bad enough, and heres a pic i took last night.
    I would like to marry Cleopatra.
    I don't see how your pic proves that is not impossible?

The first week was likely lot higher - I've easily lost 9lb in a first week going from eating loads to being on a bit of a deficit and that's starting 100lb lower than him.
    So lets discount the first 7lb as water/food weight, say.
    That gives us 2.33lb a week. Really not that much over the generic recommendations and should be easily possible for someone of his weight to do that and keep muscle without any supplements I expect.
    So, I wonder why he's spending all that money on such things for 'normal' results?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You do realize that rate of loss will not remain consistent?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I look forward to your success story.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    don't be h8ers everybody!

i can lose 9lbs a week... easy peasy lemon squeezy.

step 1) chug a gallon of water.
    step 2) weigh myself.
    step 3) wait 7 days while peeing a lot.
    step 4) weigh myself again

Sharpton+water.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

322lbs - 273lbs = 49lbs

The maths FTW

Hey now! This isn't MATH Fitness Pal! :laugh:

ATTENTION NEWBIES:
    This is a lesson on what makes a horrible (yet entertaining) thread.
    It contains:
    - bad math
    - bragging OP
    - suggesting products

All we need now is butthurt and cat gifs and this will be classic MFP.

Enjoy!!!
    VIVA LA MFP!!!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Hello people , I just found this forum and couldnt resist registering because Id like to answer some of the posts on here. But first, this thing only has a setting for losing 2lbs a week?? LOL, I been steady losing 3-9lbs a week for the last 4 months. C'mon, no mandate for the heavy wieght? And I also disagree with the calculated calorie intake recommended.
    ByEQwjL.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

322lbs - 273lbs = 49lbs

The maths FTW

ATTENTION NEWBIES:
    It contains:
    - bad math
    - bragging OP
    - suggesting products

Enjoy!!!
    VIVA LA MFP!!!

cat-peeking-window.gif
  • MatthewMacG
    MatthewMacG Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

Congratulations on the weight loss you have achieved. You're wrong about the MyFitnessPal; its guided recommendation for weight loss has a limit of 2 pounds per week, however if you decide upon a custom goal and input the calories yourself at a greater deficit then it will calculate the estimated loss, which can be much higher than 2 pounds a week.

Also - Wouldn't recommend 'showing off', we have a success stories forum where many wonderful people are already sharing their success from all varieties for weight loss, methods and paces. We don't need someone with an attitude to 'show us how its not impossible''; we already know its possible, you missed that show long ago.

I'd rather lose weight slowly, lowering the chances of health complications, building a better body, not starving myself and possibility decreasing the amount of lose skin I'm going to have when I eventually hit my goal weight. Doing it right the first time, eating 2000 calories a day and learning to eat for life.

Goodluck
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    don't be h8ers everybody!

i can lose 9lbs a week... easy peasy lemon squeezy.

step 1) chug a gallon of water.
    step 2) weigh myself.
    step 3) wait 7 days while peeing a lot.
    step 4) weigh myself again

Sharpton+water.jpg

Or - magic water.
    58Vy3.gif
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In for 'Shredding the Matrix'
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

322lbs - 273lbs = 49lbs

The maths FTW

ATTENTION NEWBIES:
    It contains:
    - bad math
    - bragging OP
    - suggesting products

Enjoy!!!
    VIVA LA MFP!!!

cat-peeking-window.gif

Loving it.
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Safety reason, more than anything else. MFP can't encourage you to try to lose 5, 7, or 10 pounds a week, simply because for most people, it isn't healthy to do so.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    In...

...to add another cat gif.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19659-1381845602-0.gif
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Let's recap... "Hi I'm new! I think the settings on this site are crap, I don't really need you... or your support. I'm just here to say how well I'm doing without any of you. I'll post pictures in a couple of months!"

Our response: Yay for you! Congrats. Not everyone is like you. To each their own. This site is working for us. Go away if you aren't going to utilize this site how it's intended or be support for the rest of us that are finding the benefits in only losing 1-2lbs per week.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Oh look, a fat bloke who figured out what 64% of America already knew - that eating less and moving more is the key to not being fat - who now thinks he is an authority on all things health and motivation related and has come to educate us.

Haven't seen one of those pass through in a while.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

322lbs - 273lbs = 49lbs

Cocktail, you so sexay when you talk math to people.
    20130402.gif
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    In

Popcorn will have to wait till after my workout, though.