Help me quit Diet coke!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I would say stop pouring yourself more liquid then you can drink, and you wont have a problem. Why dump the extra down the drain when you can just pour less?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I would say you have to decide if you are going to be convinced by a emotional or a intellectual answer. If it is intellectual, research the evils of artificial sweeteners. There is also evidence that the fake sugars make you more hungry. If it is the "emotionalness" that you need to overcome, think about what you can give yourself instead of the pop that would make you just as happy. Would it be the amount you spend on a can towards something that you like, doing something during that time, etc. Or maybe you just need to break the habit of it to see that you don't need it every day. Maybe put it in a place that is harder to reach or don't chill it so you would have to wait for a cold Diet Coke. But I think other people are right, maybe it is OK if it makes you really happy. You won't change until you are convinced you need to for some reason.
    Link to this evidence from a peer-reviewed, repeatable study, please.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but you really just need to not buy it when you go shopping.
    I have tried 'cutting down' things like this before, and if will power once its in the house is not that good you will just have to not have it in the house.

Either that or change the glass you use at meal times for a smaller one, make this your designated dinner glass.

personally I tried for years to make the switch to diet coke or pepsi max from regular coke without success, would just end up with a cupboard full of the diet stuff I was not drinking. Finally kicked it last year by changing to diet Cherry coke and then to caffeine free diet coke as I am pregnant.

Though I hardly drink any at all now as its just carbonated water with crap in it!
    I try to drink fruit juice or milk instead and have just recently started having a couple of tsp off Camp coffee in some ice cold milk, mmm
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    do you employ this same brilliant idea when you eat malted milk balls and york peppermint patties?

Actually the ingredients on both aren't that hard to pronounce.

indeed this is true.
    luckily, that means i can consume them both! yaaaaaaay!
  • binniesmart
    Options
    WOW!! what a response guys! OK, so taking in everything everyone has said:

-Good for anyone boycotting the corporate machine that is coca-cola
    -I'm actually a dentist with no cavities or fillings, so my teeth are just fine on fizzy diet drinks.
    -I can't believe how many people share my addiction!

My biggest question: HAS ANYONE LOST WEIGHT BY GIVING UP DIET COKE?!?!?!?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    WOW!! what a response guys! OK, so taking in everything everyone has said:

-Good for anyone boycotting the corporate machine that is coca-cola
    -I'm actually a dentist with no cavities or fillings, so my teeth are just fine on fizzy diet drinks.
    -I can't believe how many people share my addiction!

My biggest question: HAS ANYONE LOST WEIGHT BY GIVING UP DIET COKE?!?!?!?
    If anyone lost weight by giving up a zero calorie beverage, they did it from their other food choices, or by not replacing the water weight of the Diet Coke with another beverage.