Getting started AGAIN...

Options
How many of you are starting over again with your weight loss journey with new enthusiasm? I am. I think their is a difference between TRYING and DOING. I think it is easy to say you are trying to lose weight and to make excuses. Let's help each other troubleshoot and succeed. I am getting married this year and I want to like the way I look in pictures. I am looking for motivated friends so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    Let's do it! I just got engaged in December, and that plus a not-so-good visit to the doctor the month before have gotten me seriously motivated to get this weight off. Feel free to add me!
  • jamesadams3766952
    Options
    Definitely on board with getting started again. I managed to gain back all of the weight I lost a few years ago so it's time to start fresh and see what can happen. It's hard to keep motivated and do the proper exercises, that is where I usually fall off. Nothing specific to target (no wedding or plans) just a desire to get back down to a manageable weight.
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    James, I did that too! I had lost 45 pounds, then injured my foot and I have gained it all back plus some. It really takes a hit to your self esteem when you can't wear the new clothes you bought. Have you ever watched Extreme Weight Loss? It gives me a lot of motivation.
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    Congrats! I know my doctor would get frustrated with me too. Hopefully losing some weight will keep us healthier!
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm definately in!! I'm feeling motivated again (at last!) and I would love to have some new motivated people to do this with!! I have been on MFP for a while now and have noticed a lot of my friends are no longer logging in.....I'm so lonely LOL!

I'm looking to lose around 20lbs to begin with, perhaps more later but I dont want to be too overwhelmed. I have spent the last 6 months (maybe a touch longer ;-) ) making every excuse manageable...'I'm moving house, I've started a new job, I stopped smoking and more recently...but its Chriiiiiiiissstmas, pass the marzipan!!'

No more excuses...we can do this and have some fun along the way!!
  • wittman01
    wittman01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sure! I think starting over is better than not starting at all-been there done that! I have an open diary and I log every day faithfully! :)
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    Hey :) I'm definately in!! I'm feeling motivated again (at last!) and I would love to have some new motivated people to do this with!! I have been on MFP for a while now and have noticed a lot of my friends are no longer logging in.....I'm so lonely LOL!

I'm looking to lose around 20lbs to begin with, perhaps more later but I dont want to be too overwhelmed. I have spent the last 6 months (maybe a touch longer ;-) ) making every excuse manageable...'I'm moving house, I've started a new job, I stopped smoking and more recently...but its Chriiiiiiiissstmas, pass the marzipan!!'

No more excuses...we can do this and have some fun along the way!!

No worries, I know Christmas was hard for me too. I gained back a few of the pounds that I had lost. New Year, NO excuses. I keep watching Extreme Weight Loss and these people are losing 80-100 pounds in three months and thinking "what is MY excuse?" And I have none. So it is time to do it and MEAN it!
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sure am! lost 45lbs and now over the last few months gained 20 of it back!

back on track I go!!
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome! I need to be held accountable--it's so easy for me to get off track. Looking forward to starting again with you all :happy:
  • my3starsofthesea
    my3starsofthesea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm here also starting over. Tired of going up & down the scale. I want to lose the weight & maintain it for good this time around.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand my problem, I've tried everything in the past and I know this the only thing that works for me, I managed to loose nearly 3 stone a year or so ago, then just stopped logging on. After putting everything back on again, I had a few false starts but now Im ready.
  • Chelle2451
    Chelle2451 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a baby in May and waited until now to get started. :( I am miserable and really want to do this!! I say we rock it out! I am going to lose 70 pounds!
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ready again also! Joined a group challenge on here. Hope that it keeps me motivated!
  • icerafta
    Options
    I went off the Atkins wagon during the holidays and while on Winter break from school. Thankfully I only loaded on 7 lbs, and I have no doubt it will come back off soon. i am back doing Atkins again, but when I logged my breakfast entree, I was floored to find out the sodium content was about 1500 mg!!! I will have to use these things sparingly and only once a day. The rest of the time it's hi protein and leafy greens. Time to re enter rabbit mode...
  • fitandstrong2014
    Options
    Hello i had an old account on here aswell and am looking for new people to help and who can help me. I have depression and i want to overcome it through diet and excercise as well as lose some pounds because its so hard to gain up the energy
    WE CAN DO IT add me if you like or whoever else is reading this I need more my fitness pals
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    I went off the Atkins wagon during the holidays and while on Winter break from school. Thankfully I only loaded on 7 lbs, and I have no doubt it will come back off soon. i am back doing Atkins again, but when I logged my breakfast entree, I was floored to find out the sodium content was about 1500 mg!!! I will have to use these things sparingly and only once a day. The rest of the time it's hi protein and leafy greens. Time to re enter rabbit mode...

I had the same mindset as you 'rabbit mode' but there are actually lots of meals you can make fresh that aren't just salads. For instance turkey chops or chicken 4 oz can be about 100 calories. Also adding in carrots, one cup and green beans one cup and I was still less than 200 calories. Really surprised me. Message me for other examples. Also I do add dressings to that to make it taste better plus seasoning. NO one wants bland food lol
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm re-starting. Re-set my ticker and everything. I really am DOING and trying to ignore all the January hype that ends by February. Every day I will do SOMETHING. :)
  • osteral
    osteral Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm starting over again too. I bought new (larger) jeans in Sept when I went back to work and now they are too tight :/ I have been really good about listing off all my reason (excuses) for not getting it in gear and now I need to put some of that effort into making changes! Anyone that wants to can add me, most of my friends are no longer active...
  • alb848484
    Options
    Count me in, I lost 50 pounds a year ago and after moving in with my boyfriend I have managed to creep back up. Not to my starting weight but I am definitely up and too afraid to step on the scale to figure out how much progress was lost over the past 6 months.
  • ptw330
    ptw330 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well today is the first day of my new weight loss for this year.... I am excited for what is coming this year... looking at losing another 20-30kg again this year woop woop... I am doing it this year with my sister who is living in NZ. so I have put of a whopping 8kg over the xmas period so now to take it all back off plus more.. good luck to everyone with your weight loss goals