Getting started AGAIN...

Options

Replies

• Clareel
    Clareel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too - I'm still 35lb lower than my heaviest weight but over 50lb higher than my lightest so! I feel like my weight is affecting my health now which I never felt before even at my heaviest! I've got to do it this time and feel more motivated than ever :)
  • Sweeneysonthecreek
    Options
    Read the book "The Shift" or go to the web site for Tory Johnson. She's an ANC commentator for Good Morning America, and had to lose weight. Her book isn't a 'how to,' but a good acknowledgment of the mind shift we all have to have to make it work "this time." Good luck to you! I'm right there with you, andhave made the shift...10 lbs down in a journey of about 70!
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm getting started again as well, have never reached my goal weight but each year I start in Jan and lose some weight and keep off and maintain and this is my 3rd year starting just a little bit lighter than the year before so why not?

Looking to eat clean, exercise, motivate my friends, and keep happy, add me if you like :)
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im kate i am returning AGAIN for the last time AGAIN!!! We can do this i have set myself mini goals i have an engagement party & holiday in 8 weeks time would like to loose 10lbs by then xx
  • jamesc9282014
    Options
    Hey all! I know the feeling!! I lost 96 pounds and couldn't have been happier! Until the worst happened! I graduated college and went on vacation and gained, moved out of my families house, gained, lost a family member, gained, lost tract of everything and gained 67 of the pounds back. I feel like I lost all motivation and would love to lose it again. It's just hard to get the motivation back, but I am hoping I can do it again!!! I'm looking to lose that 67 pounds again, and then more! Goal is to lose 100 pounds! Would love to make new friends! Feel free to add :)
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm back today after nearly 3 years away. I lost 21 pounds using MFP from April to November 2011 and have slowly put it almost all back on. And when I say "almost" - all but 2.5 pounds! A lot of my old MFP friends have deleted me so I need to start over there too. Good Luck to all!
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'll jump on this bandwagon....I've been a member of the site for a while but not a group....here we go!:happy:
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am for sure! After doing so well a couple of years ago, it gives me motivation to do it again, and to the fullest extent this time!
  • justmetookie
    justmetookie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm getting started again as well. I lost 70 lbs before and have gained it all back **sadness** and as OP said can't fit the new clothes I bought during that shed. I was really glad I didnt get rid of my bigger clothes...Oh well new day new journey! Best of luck to each and every one of you.
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    So happy to see I'm not the only one starting yet again! I am finally in a place where I am ready to truly work hard and I'm so glad there are others here to keep me motivated and that I can motivate in return. Let's do this! :happy:
  • 2design
    2design Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friend list as well. I lost 49lbs (so close to 50) of the 63 I needed to loose. Then Christmas, work changes and other excuses popped into my life and I got off my routine. Would love to have motivated re-starters as friends along the way.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I joined Jenny Craig in 2008 they put me on a scale and told me to be happy, because I'd never see a number that high again. I laughed. I didn't believe them, and boy was I right. During the 3 months I lasted on their program I lost 17 lbs, and since that time have gained about 60 pounds. Last year I had a baby, gained (and lost) an additional 30 pounds, but I'm still just too large. I need to get my act together and make some real changes. It's time. Also, I don't have the money to buy bigger clothes.
  • Tan321321
    Options
    Definitely in! Christmas has been so difficult and the atrocious weather has meant staying in doors cuddled up on the sofa rather than getting outside and burning some calories. New year new commitment!
  • MarieRich
    MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Had my baby in June. Now is the time to lose that baby belly for good!
  • mom2kids71
    mom2kids71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am with you too. I have gained back some of the weight I lost over a year ago (not all thankfully) and I am ready for a new re-committed effort. I am finding that smaller goals, like X pounds in 4 weeks is much less overwhelming than X pounds by summer, next year, etc. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • avamp007
    Options
    Starting over AGAIN, too! So depressing, this time last year I'd lost close to 70-75 lbs and then moved to California, became super depressed and gained it all back. How does that even happen in California!?!? Starting over and getting it right again this time around, would love any and all friends/encouragement!
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is my (lost count) time starting over. Just never give up. Feel free to add if you want some competition :)
  • lanenita84
    Options
    Count me in too. I am tired of weighing myself and knowing there is a problem, but doing nothing about. I need a SUPPORT GROUP to keep me accountable.
  • caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Starting over again today, but this is the last time. I am not trying, I am doing it. I am going to be 30 this year, my mom recently died at the age of 63, she was thin and perfectly healthy. I don't want to spend the rest of my life wishing I had done it differently. We can do this.
  • hmh1982
    hmh1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I said I wouldn't be back but here I am. Lost 75lbs the first time and managed to put back on about 20 of it over the past 6-9 mos. I feel awful and refuse to fall back into my old ways. I'm getting married as well so it's time to do this!!

MFP worked the first time but I couldn't have done it without the support of everyone on here :) Add me if you would like