Bodybuilding[dot]com Workout plans

Options
I am using Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size weight plan from bodybuilding[dot]com I am wondering if any one has any good ideas to carry the printout of the workouts with me. I want to keep up with them for progress sake, but also want a functional way to keep them together. I have copy&pasted the printable version into a word doc to condense them, just cant think of a good way not to loose them all or carry a book to they gym?

Ideas?

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Printed versions: 3-ring binder, clip board, paper clip, staple

Digital versions: laptop, tablet, smartphone

Your options are pretty limited here.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    they have an app called bodyspace; on there you can log your workouts from their programs on your phone.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I was over thinking things*big surprise* not. I think I will staple then into phases and use a clipboard, if I'm not too embarrassed to carry around one at the gym lol.

I have tried the bodyspace thing, I like the premise but it was confusing , time consuming, and I am keeping record of my hubby's too.

thanks again guys!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have an app called gymrat, you can plug in your own workouts and it will track it and your progress... it also comes with a number of plans.
  • Primeval_Princess
    Options
    I'm old school and use a written log book. I've tried and do not like using any of the apps thus far. I could give a rat's behind what anyone in the gym thinks, lol However, the reality is that I'm not the only one who logs like that :smile:

So IMO, use the clip board
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think I've ever lifted in a gym where some of the best built people there didn't have either a folder, clipboard, or binder. Even though I can make notes on my phone or tablet, I usually print out my spreadsheets, fill them out as I work, and then enter it all into the computer when I get home.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I have laminated my workout sheets before (condensed into palm sized cards), or if I want to record weights id stick them in a book, or write them out. I don't have any issues carrying that stuff around with me - I can't train without having my session written down!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    bb.com's setup is just plain awful. bodyspace is a terrific idea horribly executed. Their app is an abortion.

IMO use Fitocracy. Do you have a smartphone?
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bb.com's setup is just plain awful. bodyspace is a terrific idea horribly executed. Their app is an abortion.

yes, even though I mentioned bodyspace, it is hard to use, good idea though :/
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have printed mine off, put a hard back on them and spiral bound them so they stay together.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You might give jefit a try.
    Mike
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    jefit's not bad. i use it on my android
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just copy pasted on Excel and printed out a nice spread sheet myself. Though I'd love to use my phone/tablet but I'm afraid I'll drop a weight on it.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    jefit's not bad. i use it on my android

I tried Jefit once for about half a workout. Maybe I'm just too used to Fito. It seemed very unnecessarily clunky to me.
  • OkSusan
    OkSusan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Eason's workout sometimes, and when I do I print it, hole punch and put it in a binder.