Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bodybuilding[dot]com Workout plans

I am using Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size weight plan from bodybuilding[dot]com I am wondering if any one has any good ideas to carry the printout of the workouts with me. I want to keep up with them for progress sake, but also want a functional way to keep them together. I have copy&pasted the printable version into a word doc to condense them, just cant think of a good way not to loose them all or carry a book to they gym?

Ideas?

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Printed versions: 3-ring binder, clip board, paper clip, staple

Digital versions: laptop, tablet, smartphone

Your options are pretty limited here.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    they have an app called bodyspace; on there you can log your workouts from their programs on your phone.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Thanks, I think I was over thinking things*big surprise* not. I think I will staple then into phases and use a clipboard, if I'm not too embarrassed to carry around one at the gym lol.

I have tried the bodyspace thing, I like the premise but it was confusing , time consuming, and I am keeping record of my hubby's too.

thanks again guys!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    I have an app called gymrat, you can plug in your own workouts and it will track it and your progress... it also comes with a number of plans.
  • I'm old school and use a written log book. I've tried and do not like using any of the apps thus far. I could give a rat's behind what anyone in the gym thinks, lol However, the reality is that I'm not the only one who logs like that :smile:

So IMO, use the clip board
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    To be honest, I don't think I've ever lifted in a gym where some of the best built people there didn't have either a folder, clipboard, or binder. Even though I can make notes on my phone or tablet, I usually print out my spreadsheets, fill them out as I work, and then enter it all into the computer when I get home.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I have laminated my workout sheets before (condensed into palm sized cards), or if I want to record weights id stick them in a book, or write them out. I don't have any issues carrying that stuff around with me - I can't train without having my session written down!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    bb.com's setup is just plain awful. bodyspace is a terrific idea horribly executed. Their app is an abortion.

IMO use Fitocracy. Do you have a smartphone?
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    bb.com's setup is just plain awful. bodyspace is a terrific idea horribly executed. Their app is an abortion.

yes, even though I mentioned bodyspace, it is hard to use, good idea though :/
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    I have printed mine off, put a hard back on them and spiral bound them so they stay together.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    You might give jefit a try.
    Mike
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    jefit's not bad. i use it on my android
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I just copy pasted on Excel and printed out a nice spread sheet myself. Though I'd love to use my phone/tablet but I'm afraid I'll drop a weight on it.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    jefit's not bad. i use it on my android

I tried Jefit once for about half a workout. Maybe I'm just too used to Fito. It seemed very unnecessarily clunky to me.
  • OkSusan
    OkSusan Posts: 10 Member
    I use Eason's workout sometimes, and when I do I print it, hole punch and put it in a binder.