I need motivation!

Options
2»

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    There are two sources of motivation: internal and external. We can give you suggestions and cheer you on but then we'll get busy with our lives and you're on your own again.

The best motivation is the one that comes from within. Take 10 minutes and look at yourself in the eyes in a mirror and tell yourself WHY you need to stick with the program you've chosen. Really talk to yourself and come up with your own motivation. Repeat your intention and goals every day and hold yourself accountable by looking in the mirror.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sure 4 kids is a big distraction, so do it before they wake up or after they're sleep. Or better yet, find a fun video that the youngins can do with you and make it a nice little activity to get everybody moving.

If the workout causes injury, why keep doing it? Find something else.

People eventually drop off or move on, what will you do when they're gone? You can have all the external support in the world, but in the end you have to want it bad enough that you make no excuses, and settle for nothing that what's best for you.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Let me approach this a different way... maybe 30DS isn't the thing you should be committing to. It is daily, right?! I have 5 kids at home and the youngest is now 4, so it's maybe a bit easier for me than for you if yours are all little... but weight loss happens in the kitchen. You don't NEED to exercise - let alone 6-7 days a week - to lose body fat.

You've already done a stellar job of weight loss. If you find your calorie target is not enough food, take the kids out! Go for a walk with the older ones on bikes and the little ones in a stroller (I don't know their ages) and just walk. Or, fit in a 30DS video when you can. But honestly if I had to commit to the same workout every day I think I'd bail too.

Try more variety.
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, ya'll! I Have discovered why I keep letting distractions get in the way of me working out and I've got to work on that. I have however done 30 mins of Zumba and the dreaded 30 Day Shred. I'm now tired but I feel GREAT!
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    UPDATE!!

Thanks for ya'll's help! I got the swift kick in the rear I needed! I started 30 day shred on Monday and have had no injuries other than soreness AND I joined a gym yesterday! Here goes!!