I need Healthy Pizza recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I buy a flatbread pizza crust from albertsons. I used a light alfredo that I added some garlic powder, black pepper and sometime italian seasonings to. I spread a thin layer of that and add cheese, grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, golden tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and bacon. Not sure of the stats, but I remember it was around 1200 for the whole pizza
  • CookingMamaAUS
    CookingMamaAUS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stevia wouldn't work. The purpose of adding sugar to pizza dough is to give the yeast something to eat, so that they can produce carbon dioxide to rise the dough quickly. Agave might work, honey works fine and has a lovely flavour. The majority of calories in pizza dough are coming from the flour, not the sugar added to the yeast.

I think the important thing is that pizza is a meal that is centred on bread. If you don't want to eat carbs, then eat something else, like a delicious curry, a bowl of chili, or an awesome steak. But don't waste your time trying to make a base from cauliflower or protein powder. You'll just end up with something that looks and tastes disgusting, and nothing at all like pizza, and likely to end up in the bin - what is the point of that?
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pizza, and in order to get my fix I usually make individual tortilla pizzas. I like using:

low carb tortillas- 60 calories
    pizza sauce- 30 calories
    1-1.5 servings of mozzarella cheese- 80-120
    Chicken or turkey pepperoni- 50 calories
    Italian seasoning and oregano

So the whole pizza is about 220-260 calories, depending on how much cheese you use. I put it in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes and my meal is done. The whole thing from start to finish only takes 15 minutes. When you want pizza, but don't want the calories this will help you get your fix.

That's what I do. You can also toast it in a toaster oven.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Stevia wouldn't work. The purpose of adding sugar to pizza dough is to give the yeast something to eat, so that they can produce carbon dioxide to rise the dough quickly. Agave might work, honey works fine and has a lovely flavour. The majority of calories in pizza dough are coming from the flour, not the sugar added to the yeast.

I think the important thing is that pizza is a meal that is centred on bread. If you don't want to eat carbs, then eat something else, like a delicious curry, a bowl of chili, or an awesome steak. But don't waste your time trying to make a base from cauliflower or protein powder. You'll just end up with something that looks and tastes disgusting, and nothing at all like pizza, and likely to end up in the bin - what is the point of that?

My protein pancakes make great pizza bases, thank you very much. They are thin, go crispy, and a perfect alternative when I don't want the carbs.
  • Nightfall30
    Nightfall30 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I literally just logged into MFP to post about my pizza cravings, haha! This is awesome!
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have a recipe available. However, My husband LOVES pizza and so we found a way to get our regular Pizza recipe down to 400 calories for 2 slices or 1/4th of the pizza. (and eating 1/4th of a pizza at a time is a pretty reasonable amount.)

Anyway the biggest thing we did was with the crust. We buy Walmart - Pizza Buddy Wheat Pizza Dough, as in its not a pre-packaged crust but a frozen dough in the deli section, and split it in half. So that one package makes 2 Pizzas. Top it With Three types of cheese (cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan, Sauce (canned sauce I don't make it myself), a solid amount of Peperoni (as in my husband places it so that they are barely not touching and covering the pizza), Fresh Vegetables (bell pepper, onion, mushroom... even canned mushroom), and Bake for 30 min and it comes out Delicious. Depending on your toppings it will be less than 400 calories, for 2 slices, 1/4 of a pizza. If you follow that almost recipe well enough you can use 1 type of meat and any/all vegetables you want on the pizza and still be under the calorie limit. Also, this way you don't have to try to 'make due' with tortilla pizza. (witch I hate completely lol) In fact the days we have pizza, I stay in my diet range better than any other day... 3 meals of pizza ... and a snack of Pizza.... <3
  • docbrox87
    Options
    cauliflower based pizza is delish and about 200 cals for 1/4 of the recipe. - depending on your toppings!

Agreed! I loooovve the cauliflower base, plus you don't feel guilty after eating it!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I want to make a home made pizza but I want it to be healthy. I am tired of eating so much carbs and food in high calories. Does anyone know a good easy healthy pizza recipe they can share? Thanks!

look in my diary a few days ago
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Try searching in Google how to make pizza bases using cauliflower. I've not tried it yet but I really want to.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    cauliflower based pizza is delish and about 200 cals for 1/4 of the recipe. - depending on your toppings!

Agreed! I loooovve the cauliflower base, plus you don't feel guilty after eating it!

I fetl guilty for eating an abomination of "pizza"
  • SexyMorgan123
    Options
    pizza_zps66f93a4c.jpg