Cheat day

Options
13»

Replies

• Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day. I have a cheat meal once a week usually on Saturdays.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    So this thread is not about sex right?

LOL, I don't think so. But then again this is MFP so who knows it could be. I have seen some pretty racy stuff on the message boards.
  • Th3Wall
    Th3Wall Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I met my weight goal in the fall after dropping approx. 35 lbs. I now have a so-called "Cheat dinner" on Wednesday (3000 calories for the day) and a 6000 calorie cheat day on Saturdays. The rest of the week its 2000 calories before workouts, with 5x workouts a week (lifting). The whole program works amazing for me and enables me to have whatever I want on Saturdays so I don't feel like I'm missing out on fave foods... the key for me is discipline for the workouts (esp after a cheat day) and being strict for tracking food intake and quality the rest of the week.
  • dftlaw
    dftlaw Posts: 1
    Options
    I will typically have one meal over the weekend in which I "cheat" over my caloric count. This allows me to enjoy a nice meal with my wife and not feel guilty. Also, I find that it jolts my system and kicks up the weight loss. At least that was the way it was for me last year when I was really sticking to the plan. I do find that sometimes I get stuck and there is no further weight loss. At those times, if I go off the diet one meal or so, I begin losing again. Hence my theory of "jolting" my metabolic system.
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Now that I am back in action, I am planning on implementing a cheat day once a month... though I do eat what I want when ever I want it, in moderation of course... one day to give myself permission to pig out is awesome
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just call it Saturday.

^^^^^ this^^^^^^ :-)
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't plan a "Cheat" day but I still have a life to live which includes going out. Saturday we went for brunch and I had eggs benedict and hasbrowns and a pint. Over the course of a week I worked out a little harder, left some calories on the table and my week ended up with me only being 100 calories over plan. I don't consider that a cheat, just living.

Basically, I do the same. It's not a cheat day, but a cheat meal every 7-10 days. I try to even things out for the week. It's a part of my life to enjoy going out. I don't binge but when eating out, the calories add up fast.

Same for me - I don't ever have a cheat day, but I do like to eat out every week or so and I try to work around the meal so that I don't go too far over. In my head cheating implies I'm on a diet - I like to think that I'm choosing a sustainable healthy lifestyle for the long term.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    No, that way of thinking isn't for me. I eat what I want as longs as it fits within my macros and sometimes even if it doesn't. I don't like living as if I'm in stasis waiting to reward myself.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    surely to have a treat instead of a cheat and keep it within your limits is the best way. If you look at is as a cheat your more likely to continue cheating. but treats are just that treats.
  • f1redshoes
    Options
    Usually, mine is more of a cheat meal/snack than an entire cheat day, eg. I'll know I have ice cream in the freezer that I really want, so I'll swap out the pasta from my dinner for a serving of vegetables and maybe have a slightly smaller serving of another meal, or even just make up for it over the next week or so through exercise. But it's rare that I'd need an unplanned treat like that as I don't limit myself when it comes to any food. If I want chocolate, I'll have it (in moderation) and work around it.

I always enjoy it more if it's spread out, though. My daily chocolate treat is far nicer as just that - one or two treats in a sea of great food - than it is if it's chocolate all evening. I'm getting to be the same with takeaway food too. It's always much nicer when we're passing the Chinese place and I pop in for egg fried rice and only that, than if we order a whole meal in.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    No, that way of thinking isn't for me. I eat what I want as longs as it fits within my macros and sometimes even if it doesn't. I don't like living as if I'm in stasis waiting to reward myself.

^^This. I live my life, and generally strive to eat a balanced diet consisting of food that I enjoy. That includes everything from ice cream to bacon to collard greens to lean meat to bourbon. Usually I meet my goals, but some days (maybe once a month or so) I go over. I never call it a cheat though because life happens. Some other days, I go under my goal, so in the end it balances out and lets me maintain my weight.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    No, not intentionally.

I try to stay under everyday and save up a bit for when life happens. About once a month something will happen where I'll end up having to go over no matter what I do. I recently went to a wedding, so I had no control over the types of food. Even though I ate very little before and during the wedding I still ended up being over. I end up going over about once a month.

But I still enjoy my "bad" foods everyday. I love pizza, chocolate, ice cream, etc and I'll continue to eat it, just in smaller amounts.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to cheat but I'm usually fairly lax on weekends, strict during the working week, doing this I averaged about 3 pounds a month loss :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a "cheat day"?

A whole day could be devastating for someone. A cheat meal can keep you focused for the rest of the week, though, without causing too much of a problem.