How many hours of sleep do you get per night?

Options
cakebatter07
cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
I get about 5-6 hours on the weekdays and 8-12 on the weekends. I know, I'm working on getting more sleep during the weekdays. :yawn: Hbu?

Replies

• GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Not enough! 5-6 every night, including weekends :(
  • Alyssawinter1221
    Options
    As a college student, my sleep schedule, along with my work and class schedule, stays pretty consistent on week nights, 6-7 hours every night. On the weekends, well... I usually get more sleep, 9-11 hours, but lots of times I stay out and party until 5 am, with light beer and fruit if course... and sleep til like 2 or 3 the next day.

Speaking of this, how important is regularity in sleep schedule for weight loss? Should we try to keep it consistent all 7 days?? My behavioral neuroscience professor says sleep is one of the most influential things to a body, all over! Weird!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    About 5-6 on worknights, generally crashing about midnight and up again judt after 0500.

At weekends I'll get up about 0700, naturally, so a couple of extra hours.

Occasionally my body will go through to 0900 naturally on a weekend which is a good indicator that I'm needing an easy day or two.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I try for 8-9

Average about 7 hours . I don't sleep on weekends tho :P
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Recently hardly any :( Not sure why .. I've even cut coffee down to 1 cup a day first thing in the morning to see if that helps.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work nights and sleep is very important for me. During my work week I get about 6-7. On my days off I'll get 8-9.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My behavioral neuroscience professor says sleep is one of the most influential things to a body, all over! Weird!

Sleep deprivation has profound effect on human performance, one of the reasons that it's used extensively in military training. Reducing sleep puts the system under pressure, ramping up stress. It's also banned under the Geneva Conventions for the treatment of prisoners or subjects of detailed interviewing.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    5-6
  • prime853
    prime853 Posts: 519
    Options
    7-8 is my sweet spot
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I go to bed early but can ever fall straight asleep! I try to aim for 7/8 hours ( my sleep is always disturbed so probably get about 6/7 )
  • Yram29
    Yram29 Posts: 10
    Options
    About 7 each night, and I have afternoon naps at the weekend! I am constantly tired, and function best on 9-10 hours a night, but life doesn't let that happen!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    7 is the goal
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Body will not sleep any more than that
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    7 hours
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Average 6.5 during the week and 7 on weekends.
    Averaged 7.5 over the last two weeks and I've felt like a whole new man...too bad that ends when it's time to hit the office again.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    My body wakes up randomly.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm a little obsessive about getting 8 hours per night. I usually get 7.5 at minimum, although rarely more than 8 during the work week.

On Sunday mornings my husband and I both tend to sleep in, so I get anywhere from 8-12 hours on Saturday nights :-)

I have generalized anxiety disorder and I notice drastically reduced problems with anxiety when I sleep 8 hours per night. I am also an extremely high-energy person and I think my sleep habits help me to remain that way (even at age 37, even when I weighed 300 lb, etc)
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    yesterday 4 :(
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    At least 8, in the winter around 9. Sleep is not a luxury; it's a priority.
    Of course, I am pregnant and know this will change dramatically very soon. :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'm neurotic about getting a solid 8 hours per night. Depriving myself of sleep would be a disservice to the hard work I do in the gym and the kitchen!