No fast food!!

Options
What was your reason?
Did you notice any changes?
Do you occasionally eat fast food if so what do you get?

I'm considering giving it up for good. Not only will it save me money but can help with my fatty food cravings too!

Replies

• JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a good article. But as far as saving money, I understand.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1163290-90-days-mcdonald-s-diet-with-results

I like to cook, so I pretty much gave it up. If I do have it I check the menu and go what fits my calorie goals.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    why can't you eat fat?
    you can, and should, still be eating fat!

I don't eat fast food, I don't like it...I prefer making my own food, or if I don't cook, I prefer good quality, not cheap and fast :P
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Why give it up?

Diets should just consist of eating less, not quitting stuff....
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I won't lie I love fast food!! Nothing quite beats a good movie and a take away on a Saturday however I kind of abused that and I'm certainly feeling the guilt now!! I won't be giving it up just make it a once a month thing , I'm sure I can find home cooked meals I love just as much to go with my movie :)
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it (McD's, BK, Subway, etc) because I prefer much fresher food from better sources, want to avoid vegetable oil, and definitely nasty bread (the kind used in fast food). That doesn't leave many options, and even the salads are sort of gross.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I gave it up years ago, it actually makes me sick, especially mcdonalds.
    I won't lie I love fast food!! Nothing quite beats a good movie and a take away on a Saturday however I kind of abused that and I'm certainly feeling the guilt now!! I won't be giving it up just make it a once a month thing , I'm sure I can find home cooked meals I love just as much to go with my movie :)

That's true, maybe you could try steamed chicken breast, broccoli and rice hehe Mmm much better than a pizza.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I always ate fast food at least onces a week and then met my current partner ate a lot more than I usually did and put on a lot of weight because of it. I cut it out for a right few month and now I don't like the taste of most things for take aways! McDonalds actually makes me sick now, guessing its the grease, I would have a take away maybe once a month now if even and only when my bf really wanted one and I was feeling to lazy/ tired to cook lol
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I gave it up years ago, it actually makes me sick, especially mcdonalds.

That's true, maybe you could try steamed chicken breast, broccoli and rice hehe Mmm much better than a pizza.

Hmm I may give that ago sounds good :)
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The reason I no longer eat fast food is because I can easily find a superior alternative close by that is locally owned (regionally at least), uses fresher ingredients and greater care with food preparation at a competitive price.

If I'm on the road and can't research alternatives for the area I'm in, I'll hold my nose and get some fast food.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stopped junk food in September.
    Yesterday I had the healthiest option Domino's pizza - planned into my day as we had the kitchen floors done and I couldn't get into the kitchen.
    I prefer eating my own food because I can prepare and eat much nicer meals that way.
    Most eating out is a disappointment these days as the calorie value just isn't there.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The last two years have been the most successful and easiest weight loss and maintenance for me ever.
    I made a decision very early on not to exclude anything, sure I changed eating habits and moderated a few things but nothing has been forbidden.

Wasn't ever a great lover of fast food anyway but if I want a burger or a pizza I will have it and make it fit in my daily or weekly goals.

Glad you said fast food and not junk food BTW - labelling food as good/bad or healthy/unhealthy is bad and unhealthy in my opinion! :laugh:

One fast food choice is a chicken or lamb shish kebab. Grilled meat and salad is regarded by most people as a "good / healthy" choice but is still fast food.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't eat McDonalds becaus eI don't like it. I had a cheeseburger on holiday and it made me feel quite nauseous.

God know what they put in the stuff, but it really sat badly with me.

:sick:
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up fast food.. I do have the occasional burger or pizza.. But my stomach is weak and usually suffer from digestion problems.. also its hard on my pockets and my bfs pockets.. so we cook most of the time.. may be eat junk food 2-3 times a month
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    gave it up a year ago.
    hence now im allergic to it( i get rashes if i have pizza,fries etc)
    Im glad it happened cause they disgust me(thats personal preference)
    i opt for healthier alternatives( flatbread pizza with chicken breast and veggie topping+mozarella....brown baps+grilled burgers+salad...sweet potato fries baked,etc)
    i prefer to cook, it makes me creative and so far i`ve never been happier with my lifestyle.

but, moderation will work wonders. as long as you know the science behind training and nutrition.
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    why can't you eat fat?
    you can, and should, still be eating fat!

I don't eat fast food, I don't like it...I prefer making my own food, or if I don't cook, I prefer good quality, not cheap and fast :P

My high cholesterol. My doctor told me to replace it with better fats to make my lol level normal again for me
    ...no more fast food
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Why give it up?

Higher blood pressure and high cholesterol
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    The reason I no longer eat fast food is because I can easily find a superior alternative close by that is locally owned (regionally at least), uses fresher ingredients and greater care with food preparation at a competitive price.

If I'm on the road and can't research alternatives for the area I'm in, I'll hold my nose and get some fast food.

Never thought to find local healthier options. Thanks
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Yes moderation is key I do agree! I'm trying to cut back and eat more nutritionally for better health and weight loss :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Why give it up?

Higher blood pressure and high cholesterol

That is technically a bogus claim. Doctors dont even know the reason why people have high blood pressure, although eating healthily is recommended to lower it. I didnt have high blood pressure when I was overweight.

Anything is ok in moderation. Diets give the impression that you 'cant' eat stuff. This is wrong. I lost the weight I needed to with a bit of common sense and just eating a bit less of the junk that I used to. However, my 'diet' still included the odd burger, pizza, etc. Still does as well, and I dont have high blood pressure.
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    I thought this was a good article. But as far as saving money, I understand.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1163290-90-days-mcdonald-s-diet-with-results

I like to cook, so I pretty much gave it up. If I do have it I check the menu and go what fits my calorie goals.

Thanks for the link. Wow I guess there can be healthy alternatives eating fast food