What's your weakness and how do you resist?

Options
Just curious to see your answers,

My weaknesses are kit kats and snickers -YUMMY
And how I resist them? I don't! - no really, I don't buy them - of course, easy solution. BUT Halloween is right around the corner, my kids are going to bring them home soon by the handfuls and I HAVE NO WILL POWER! HELP! =)

Thought this would be a good topic with the holiday's around the corner too

Any thoughts?

Replies

• apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just curious to see your answers,

My weaknesses are kit kats and snickers -YUMMY
    And how I resist them? I don't! - no really, I don't buy them - of course, easy solution. BUT Halloween is right around the corner, my kids are going to bring them home soon by the handfuls and I HAVE NO WILL POWER! HELP! =)

Thought this would be a good topic with the holiday's around the corner too

Any thoughts?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I build up my resistance to sweets during the holidays by baking until the smell of chocolate and sweets makes me ill. Maybe that is opposite from what others would think. But honestly by the time I am done making chocolate dipped everything the smell of chocolate gags me.

Otherwise, if I am around something I crave - like dark chocolate - I make an event of it. Slowly take little by little, let it melt in my mouth and the taste completely go away before I take another bite. It's the flavor I like, so if I learn to slow down my consumption speed and just savor the flavor I seem to be okay. That is what I try anyway....
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    My weakness is anything I CANNOT have...

A few days ago we were out shopping and were on our way home... it was lunch time for the girls so we decided to get them McD's... I am sooo used to munching on the fries once the bag of food gets set on my lap... all I did was split open a chicken nugget and took a deep breathe, and then another, and then another LOL.. Then I gave it to the little one so she can eat it for me. I did take a bite of 1 frie but that was it.
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wine and cheese. With wine, I just limit myself to no more than 1-2 glasses a day. For the cheese, I buy low fat mozerella cheese sticks and have one as a snack in the afternoon.
  • SharonD
    Options
    chocolate.chocolate.chocolate. in any shape or form. I have a rule for my son; he is only allowed candy on a saturday, and only after he has had a meal. I have applied the same rule to myself. If you deprive yourself all the time, I think you set yourself up for failure. SO... the saturday after food rule seems to work for me - I can reward myself for being good, and have it after a meal so I am not hungry and don't feel the need to fill up on empty calories - a few pieces savored slowly does enough for me.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for ice cream. It really doesn't matter what flavor although I do have my favorites. Most of the time I try very hard to stay from dairy because in truth I am allergic but there are times that nothing will fix the craving other than ice cream.

I have tried sorbets, and frozen yogurts and even mock ice cream from rice or whatever but they just don't hit the spot. When the craving isn't to bad I have frozen yogurt and it sufices.

I love chocolate specially fudge and things like that but I can often tell myself no on those and not feel deprived.

Eve
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've never had much of a sweet tooth. My weakness is the Other kind of junk food... Burgers, Donairs, anything with meat in it....
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Whoops I forgot the "How do I resist part" :)

I just try really hard to not enter certain establishments. I am generally successful enough that when I have, I've been able to prepare by reserving a bunch of the day's calories for the event. ...For the most part. :)
  • juliapple
    Options
    carbs

i dont resist >_< im a vegetarian, so i load up on them...which is very badaddddd
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Cheese (mmmm) and chips and dip. Any chip with any dip you name it. For me it's as simple as not buying it in the first place. I go grocery shopping twice monthly and always on a full stomach. Now if I come across it like at work I try to resist as well as I can, but completely denying yourself all the time will only make you binge on something else later, so be very careful! Little savory bites here and there are good for you I say!
  • alice
    alice Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your opinions are on Halloween candy, but I can tell you - that is my weakness. I have 2 kids who trick or treat and I find myself dipping into the candy - usually when I get home from work. It seems to help my stress and tide me over till supper. I'm hoping that I can resist this. Does anyone know if its ok to cheat as long as you don't go over your calorie intake for the day?

alice
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Chocolate-- Any kind. I simply don't buy it. I had a friend who would bring two bars to work, one for me and one for herself so I simply began bringing an apple and that way I could say I already had a snack but thank you for thinking of me.
  • chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Mountain Dew. I drink at least 6 everyday and that is the worst thing in the world for you. I try so hard to drink water, but it is just so plain.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Chrissi, I used to LOVE mt. dew!! But my dentist told me that was the absolute WORST pop you can drink (for your teeth) It is loaded with sugar... which definitely explained my cavities!
    I am mt. dew and pepsi free going on 3 months - woo hoo! And haven't really missed them too much either =)
  • pookiecat
    Options
    hi, i am also a mountain dew addict, i use to drink reg mountain dew but a couple of years ago i started drinking diet code red mountain dew, i lost 90 lbs when i switched to diet mt dew. now i love the taste of the diet mt dews.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Chocolate... ice cream... licorice... Just thinking about these three things made me gain 5 lbs!!!

That's it... I'm getting on my bike right now with a big glass of water and I'm not getting off till it says I burned over 300 calories!!! : )
  • aslavich
    Options
    Just got off my bike... 343 calories later. I'm so glad I didn't go searching through the house for chocolate!!! Now my legs are so shaky, I don't think I could get on a chair to find the good stuff on the top shelf!!!

Have a good night everyone!!!

Angela
  • aslavich
    Options
    I found the weakness in our office kitchen today and it reeled me in and sank it's teeth in me and wouldn't let go. I can't say I'm upset with myself b/c I was fully aware at all times what I was doing.

I'll do better tomorrow... I know I will. I'm right back on track especially since I feel so gross right now....

:blushing:
    I'll have a much better day tomorrow...
    Angela
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Angela you are so funny:laugh:

This last week we had birthdays and well we had a weakness that I hadn't thought about. Enchiladas, I love them, I love them, I love them, there are just now other words to describe how much I enjoy them. I am going to have to get them out of the house very soon.

Eve
  • aslavich
    Options
    Thanks... I'll have to add two mini Hershey's Chocolate bars to the madness of today, Oh and I dipped them in peanut butter... yeah, I been bad!

There's always tomorrow...
    Have a nice evening everyone!!!
    Angela:devil: