What to do with snow?

Options
firstsip
firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
I've recently come into quite a bit of snow, and I'm wondering how I can use it for food?

Don't even move this to Chit-Chat, mods. I'm not being funny. I've heard about people making ice cream and candy from this foul substance, and I WANT IDEAS.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have some surplus snow if you want some.

free-snow.jpg
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    lg_7507.jpg
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    take clean snow, place it in a large flat dish. Boil some Maple Syrup(real stuff not the weird American sugar syrup) then place it on the snow in a long line, take a popsicle stick and roll it....EPIC!

Found it!
    http://www.canadianliving.com/moms/food/how_to_make_maple_syrup_taffy_pops.php
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    86850-better-off-dead-snorting-snow-qXRg.gif
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    take clean snow, place it in a large flat dish. Boil some Maple Syrup(real stuff not the weird American sugar syrup) then place it on the snow in a long line, take a popsicle stick and roll it....EPIC!

Found it!
    Pictures dammit!
    2012Dec_042.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    funny-snowman.jpg
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Found it!
    This is what we did, although we just topped it with syrup and ate with spoon out of the bowl.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    If you pee on them they become minions and then you have your very own army score!

funny-snowman-crowd-snow.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I like you. This made me laugh really, really hard for some reason...probably a result of my own cabin fever from this weather. Don't eat the yellow snow! :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Found it!

AH! This is what I've heard about! Is it good? I didn't think about the snow cone idea, either... and now I'm wondering how a rum snow cone would taste.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    toss a carboy in it and make some lager, or wine.

3200837011_fd8f17a958_m.jpg
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Found it!

AH! This is what I've heard about! Is it good? I didn't think about the snow cone idea, either... and now I'm wondering how a rum snow cone would taste.

It's crack cocaine, you will do some pretty bad stuff for it once you taste it. You live in Detroit so it might not be bad to you but the rest of us....
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I've recently come into quite a bit of snow, and I'm wondering how I can use it for food?

Don't even move this to Chit-Chat, mods. I'm not being funny. I've heard about people making ice cream and candy from this foul substance, and I WANT IDEAS.

Fill a paper cone with snow.
    Mix with Kool-Aid.

kool1.jpg

BAM! Snow Cone

SnowConeCat.jpg
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Eat the snow......before the snow eats you -

ogwcno.png
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    4 cups snow, 1 cup cream, some sugar, some vanilla, boom! Snow cream.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Melt it!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    um...Bailey's snow cone of course :bigsmile:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    The taffy pops and the one with the kool aid were great ideas!

Yeah, I'd add rum and egg nog or some such thing.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Eat the snow......before the snow eats you -

ogwcno.png

tumblr_mft4d6Wwyc1qg1mbqo1_500.gif
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    MELT THE DAM STUFF WITH THOSE SPECIAL HEATED TRUCKS!
    we are in a blizzard warning,,, and going to be minus 40 windchills.
    and we shovelled all morning from lasts nights ****.
    I HATE WINTER!