50 lbs off in 4.5 months and How I did it with Pics

Options
13»

Replies

• HYeliab
    Options
    Dude, thanks for everything. No need to respond just accept the fact that your encouragement and accomplishment really help to push the rest of us. We are all striving for healthier lifestyles and self-approval. I will not wish you luck but continued success.
    -HB
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Carlos what an awesome job! thanks for sharing your story
  • Vmcd
    Vmcd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Carlos! I will definitely be adding you as a friend to stay motivated. I am in no way a trainer, but my sister called me the "health nut" the other day, and was asking for suggestions on what to eat for breakfast. Me . . . a health nut! That was awesome to hear. I have all of this healthy knowledge in my head about what's good and what to stay away from, and a lot of it comes from this site. You look amazing, and I agree with the other comments about how young you look! Keep up the good work!
  • MAbbate
    Options
    Carlos, you are really an inspiration to so many of us here on MFP. I love to read your posts and I always find such motivation in them. I appreciate your encouragement and support. Best of luck to you in your marathon training...I am sure you WILL succeed! Have a great day!
    Marlene
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Carlos! I will definitely be adding you as a friend to stay motivated. I am in no way a trainer, but my sister called me the "health nut" the other day, and was asking for suggestions on what to eat for breakfast. Me . . . a health nut! That was awesome to hear. I have all of this healthy knowledge in my head about what's good and what to stay away from, and a lot of it comes from this site. You look amazing, and I agree with the other comments about how young you look! Keep up the good work!
    That is a testament to the change you have made in your life. I also learned how it felt again from being a trainer and then getting into the situation I allowed myself to fall into. Now people who know me first comment on how amazing I look now and then ask for advice. It is first a wonderful feeling when people notice the positive change and a greater testament when they want to get advice from you because they know you are succeeding in your journey.
  • cparter
    Options
    Carlos, you are really an inspiration to so many of us here on MFP. I love to read your posts and I always find such motivation in them. I appreciate your encouragement and support. Best of luck to you in your marathon training...I am sure you WILL succeed! Have a great day!
    Marlene
    Thanks My special friend. I am doing great in the training and just passed 115 miles for the month of September with 3 six milers and a 17 miler still pending before the end of the month.

Life is so much more energetic and it feels good to sleep well since the sleep apnea is no more. I can not wait to see my doctor in October after 6 months. I already saw my nutritionist as a walk in visit to say hi and fell over laughing when she did recognize me. She said to me that she usually don't see fit people and lauded over how amazing I looked. That is always a good feeling when professionals recognize the change and see it as a fitness change vice a rush in while neglecting vital food groups or allowing your body time to adjust. The testament within itself is allowing time. I do get impatient at times because I am so close to my goal that I can taste it but I refuse to give in and take any short cuts. I am enjoying this journey.

May God bless you and keep you focused.
  • cparter
    Options
    Carlos what an awesome job! thanks for sharing your story
    You are welcome and I hope you can draw something you can use from my story.
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • cparter
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing!
    You are doing a great job as well. I can see the joy in your eyes that God is blessing you on this journey. I see we live close to one another. Continue to do what you are doing and the world is yours. Allow the positive aspects of this journey be the fruit of your motivation to continue this journey and teach others so they can achieve the victory.
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    That is awesome! Here's to the healthy you~!:drinker:
  • cparter
    Options
    That is awesome! Here's to the healthy you~!:drinker:
    Thanks Jenie and I wish you the best in your journey. I pray that God will keep you safe and that your focus on the prize will be unyielding as you maintain the determination and motivation to succeed on this venture.
  • daniellesite
    daniellesite Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story but I am writing for clarification. Did you mean that when we burn off calories with exercising, we should NOT eat to make up for those additional calories burned? :huh:
  • cparter
    Options
    Danielle,

No, the mentality should not be I exercise to eat more. What I am stating is you need to eat enough so your body will have energy. I typically eat the majority of my exercise calories because I believe based on this type of formula:

If my goal is to lose 1 lb a week based on MFP goal standard and I have 1500 calories allotted a day and I am burning 1500 calories a day that would put me at 0 if I eat 1500 and burn 1500 which is below my goal. So, to make up for that difference I will eat 1200 of my exercise calories to 1400 to ensure my deficit (of allowed + burned - consumed) stays in a reasonable range.

I do not exercise to eat but when I replenish my energy levels I do it with healthy choices (not junk/fat) and I eat 5 to 7 times a day. 5 times a day on non run days and 6 to 7 on run days.
  • mama050709
    Options
    AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO!:drinker:
  • cparter
    Options
    AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO!:drinker:
    Wow! You look awesome as well. What a difference and even changed your hair color. Keep up the good work. :drinker:
  • cparter
    Options
    Got to update this soon and show a new pic. Coming soon. I embrace every ounce and inch.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    You look great! What a transformation!

This is the same reason my brother put on weight - from football player to coach. One involves a lot more watching the game rather than playing it! I also put on some weight when I quit dancing, but I won't even pretend it wasn't also due to being stupid.

Congrats on all the progress. Keep on leadin' the way!
  • cparter
    Options
    You look great! What a transformation!

This is the same reason my brother put on weight - from football player to coach. One involves a lot more watching the game rather than playing it! I also put on some weight when I quit dancing, but I won't even pretend it wasn't also due to being stupid.

Congrats on all the progress. Keep on leadin' the way!
    You are doing a fantastic job now though Jenny and you are looking great. I look forward to hitting the 67 lb lost zone although it is quite a bit away.
  • You are an inspiration! Good luck on all your future successes and congratulations on all your past ones!
  • cparter
    Options
    Thanks lepetit,

It has been a brilliant ride so far. I will be updating my weigh-in on Sunday morning and I am sure it will be another joyous adventure. The joy is that I had to change belt sizes today for the third time. I was wearing a size 42 belt riding low with the belly overhanging and now I am wearing a size 34 belt across the navel where it suppose to be :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!