My boyfriend's parents don't want him dating?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Idaho, I was in the Navy. I had a girlfriend, and her mom didn't want her to date sailors. So, she came over and told me this. We just spent the next 6 months I was stationed there as FWB. I dated other women instead. I really liked her mom.
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    100 to 1 odds his mom can describe him naked better than you can. Get out while you still can, his mom will make your relationship/your life a living hell.

This times infinity.

She's like the moms in that Old Spice commercial. If you don't know, look it up.

Thats a hilarious commercial.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OP run. you are too young and there are too many other options out there to have to deal with the drama.unless you like the chaos then stay.

also, just in general terms staying in drama situations is pretty much the same thing as inviting the drama. what mature people who dont want chaos in their lives do is immediately back out of situation like this THE MOMENT the crazy comes out.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    100 to 1 odds his mom can describe him naked better than you can. Get out while you still can, his mom will make your relationship/your life a living hell.

This times infinity.

She's like the moms in that Old Spice commercial. If you don't know, look it up.

Thats a hilarious commercial.

Just went to Youtube to watch it. OMG! My son is 14. IDK whether to laugh or cry...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I really wish I knew about your past posts before I commented. Your mommy's are calling each other... a week into dating.

Da+faq+_a944f315523e76633b23c68c0c5a537f.gif

And both of them are in college!!!! What are they 13 yrs old
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I really wish I knew about your past posts before I commented. Your mommy's are calling each other... a week into dating.

Da+faq+_a944f315523e76633b23c68c0c5a537f.gif

And both of them are in college!!!! What are they 13 yrs old
    Even my 13yo's don't act like this. Chronological age =/= maturity. Too bad they are wasting their time/energy/health/money/opportunities/relationships "doing whatever they want."
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

This times infinity.

I was thinking the same thing... saw that commercial for the first time this morning lol!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    His mom will probably not want him to date his entire life. He needs to make up his own mind whether or not he wants to date or if it's too much of a hassle while enduring your first few years of college - I knew plenty of people who couldn't handle it, but it was their decision and not their parents'. If he has to rely on his mom to make his life decisions for him, I would say you should probably jump back into the dating pool and find someone else. That mom isn't letting go any time soon, and it sounds like he won't be letting go of mommy either.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    not sure if srs or troll...
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    this is my serious answer. OP, you are 19. you have been dating this guy for three weeks. you are in college. with all of these things in mind, if any relationship you begin is anything other than natural, easy, and all around delightful, you really need to move on. especially with only three weeks into it. I would argue that no relationships should be stressful when just starting out, but again... 19, three weeks, college. there are more fish in the sea. plenty more.

Also:

THIS.gif

My sister told me something similar quite recently as I was enduring a horrible crash and burn from a TWO YEAR relationship: "Man it sucks, but you have to ask yourself something: Is this working for me? If that answer is no, then let it go."
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he's a momma's boy. And if you end up staying with him...................you'll end up being momma.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition