I want to start jucing

Options
Okay so I would really like to start juicing but not sure how to start... I know that I don't want o go about all wrong to where I hate it and never want to do it again!.. lol any suggestions / recipes that would be great to start off with?

Thanks

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to juice?
  • JesRuizz
    JesRuizz Posts: 215
    Options
    well besides weight loss I would just like to be healthier.
    make it apart of my daily life
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Do you intend to juice as a part of your diet or BE your diet?
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    weight loss= eat less calories than you burn

health= throw in a couple of pieces of fruit/vegetables in your day

ta da! juicing not required
  • JesRuizz
    JesRuizz Posts: 215
    Options
    be apart of it? I'm not sure what would be best to be honest I am very new to trying to be healthy and lose weight. I want to do it right so I'm definitely up for suggestions.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Adding juice is okay. Living off juice is not.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just eat the fruits and veggies.
    Tastier and cheaper.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    juicing as a diet i dont think is good. but to be apart of it is ok....i know people who juice just in the mornings but the rest of the day is just normal foods(whatever is normal for them)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Drinking juice doesn't cause weight loss. Calorie deficit does. Being healthier involves a lot of things. Besides weight, there is also, sleep, lower stress, physical fitness, risk behavior (smoking, drugs, etc), environment, genetics, and mental health to address.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would have smoothies instead, as juicing often gets rid of the fiber, vitamins, and other nutrients in the fruit.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Sure. But he's a bit older now.

tumblr_mu8z7vfIAI1qzbwkjo1_500.jpg
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Juicing is okay if you just want to have it with light meal or just a drink during the day instead of soda. But juicing for frequent meal supplementation (also known as juice fasting or juicing) is really not necessary.

I juice almost every day for dinner because my calorie intake during the day time is higher but I also have a few servings of fruits with it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Ah juicing doesn't necessarily cause weight loss. Calories in VS Calories out. If your juicing consists of 5 servings of fruit and veggies, It could be a high calorie drink in addition to your other foods.

Plus it's a pain in the *kitten*. Why not just watch calories of foods you enjoy eating and keep THOSE under a calories goal. That's a way to stay on track.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I hear you should lay off the juice.
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    Okay so I would really like to start juicing but not sure how to start... I know that I don't want o go about all wrong to where I hate it and never want to do it again!.. lol any suggestions / recipes that would be great to start off with?

Thanks

If you have your heart set on juicing, then go to one of these groups.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=juicing

If you want to get information on why juicing isn't a magic cure, read the comments here.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh, and cleaning a juicer is a huge pain in the *kitten*
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Besides what everyone else mentioned, I'll add that juicing can be very expensive. You don't yield a lot of juice for the amount of fruit you put in the juicer. Making smoothies in the blender would be more economical.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    i would have smoothies instead, as juicing often gets rid of the fiber, vitamins, and other nutrients in the fruit.

+1 yup!
  • kanens
    kanens Posts: 12
    Options
    Here is a three day one if you want to give it a try over a long weekend:
    http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/new-3-day-juice-cleanse?video_id=2340814622001
  • lirpas1976
    lirpas1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been juicing again lately and we really enjoy it. I like to juice carrot and apple lemon and add chia seeds. My kids love it and so does my husband. We add to our breakfast. I use all my carrot and apple juice pulp in muffins and soups and meatloaf etc. I say go for it! It seems like everyone on this board likes to bash down peoples ideas if they are not the main stream.... I think all things in moderation!