Bump!
  • samantha_ashley
    samantha_ashley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Throw some chicken breasts and a bunch of vegetables for an easy chicken soup. Season it to your taste
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,426 Member
    Options
    I like to put a can of cream of mushroom soup, some fresh mushroom, onions & garlic
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    if I write bump after a particular recipe then this saves it?

Click on the star in the upper right hand corner...it will "bookmark". If you hold the cursor over the star, it says "bookmark." You don't need to "bump" to save.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Couple days ago I threw 3 chicken breasts and 4 thighs in the crockpot. Covered with a jar of tomatillo salsa and a jar of black bean & corn salsa (both medium). Also a can of coconut milk. Cooked all on high for 4 hrs, then pulled out the chicken and shredded it. Put chicken back in the sauce and stir all around. Served on roasted spaghetti squash. Absolutely delicious and extremely easy (I can't cook, and basically hate doing so).
  • hgtv49
    hgtv49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this for dinner tomorrow
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    You can roast a whole chicken in there (if your crockpot is big enough). Just put a little butter with some salt, pepper and your favorite spices (I do oregano & garlic powder) under the skin (or on top if you can't get under) and place it breast down (this makes the breasts juicer). cook on low for 6-8 hours and voila! you can also put potatoes on the bottom of the pot and they'll cook in the chicken juices. I find it to be better than those rotisserie chickens you get at the grocery and this way you know what's in it.

I do this all the time in the summer so I don't have to have my oven on and make the kitchen hot. I just add a bit of water in the bottom and put the whole chicken in. I never thought of putting it in upside down though. Thanks!! You can eat it hot and then have it on a salad the next day. When you've picked all the meat off, put the carcass back in the crock pot and cover with water. Add a chopped onion, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 12 hours or so. Strain. When cool, freeze in Ziplock bags and you have perfect chicken broth to use in soups or whatever. And you know exactly what's in it.
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Pepper Steak

Thin Sirloin, frozen, cut into thin strips
    2-3 peppers
    onions to match - both chopped/sliced in larger pieces put aside, make sauce first in crockpot.

In crockpot add one small can tomato sauce-low salt, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp worcheshire, 1 tbsp hot sauce (I use Franks and you can use more or less depending on your taste), and I add 1 tbsp brown gravy
    mix - this can be left out if you don't want to add processed.

Mix the sauce the add the meat, place veggies on top. 6-8 hours low, 4-5 on high. I check near the end and if the meat is tender, I make the rest of my meal.

I serve over brown rice or quinoa. You could serve over anything. Broccoli, rice, potatoes, etc.