Girl Scout Cookie...

Replies

• Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    :heart: Samoas
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Is it really that time of year again? I could have sworn this just happened not long ago..
    I must resist this year, I ate an embarrassingly large number of boxes of Samoas last year. (Is it me or are there less cookies in the boxes these days?)
    Not happening again!

It Sure is! With you though could have Sworn it was like just yesterday we were wrapping up her sales but nope LOL!!!

I am sure there's fewer cookies in the boxes though I couldn't say for sure
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    They discontinued my favorite. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks-A-Lots... chocolate shortbread... made amazing smores.

a20a0ac2d0fb3f0fab85714dd2e4b341.jpg
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Peanut Butter Patties!!!!
    I'm excited to try the new Cranberry Citrus ones this year.

And FYI some areas (ours is one) are piloting a gluten free chocolate chip shortbread
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Peanut Butter Patties!!!!
    I'm excited to try the new Cranberry Citrus ones this year.

And FYI some areas (ours is one) are piloting a gluten free chocolate chip shortbread

My daughter saw this in her magazine and I was so excited but no GF cookies for us in Iowa :sad:
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    Tagalongs are my favorite! The Girl Scouts have two different bakers(ABC or Little Brownie) and that's why some cookies are called different names in different areas.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Caramel Delights, Peanut Butter Patties, and of course Thin Mints
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Totally random topic - but it's that time of year again - my Girl Scout will be selling cookies - so on that note share your favorite flavor!!!

I love the Shortbread and Peanut Butter Patties

Ok Go!

There are no Girl Scout cookies where I live, I don't think there is a Girl Scouts either. But before christmas there is this company that let school classes sell cookies to earn some money.

They are delicious and usually gone really fast.
  • AusAshMommy

ABC Cookies with the Girl Scouts are still Selling the Thanks a Lot, they aren't very popular but we've had them the last three years
  • AusAshMommy
    Totally random topic - but it's that time of year again - my Girl Scout will be selling cookies - so on that note share your favorite flavor!!!

Ok Go!

There are no Girl Scout cookies where I live, I don't think there is a Girl Scouts either. But before christmas there is this company that let school classes sell cookies to earn some money.

That sucks there's no GS Where you are...ah well sounds like you found a good substitute!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

ABC Cookies with the Girl Scouts are still Selling the Thanks a Lot, they aren't very popular but we've had them the last three years

Oooh do you ship? IM me the details :) The ones around here do not have them.. only 4 flavors bleh NYC.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member
    ALL OF THEM!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    thin mints and caramel delights. They had a new one last year with the chocolate coated bottom, but forgot what it was called.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Thin mints. Though when my husband and I started this almost 2 years ago we had to have "a talk" with his mom. She would always buy a few boxes from the kids at church and the neighborhood and then give them to us because "She didn't want them in her house" and as twisted as that was it was still nice of her to think of us. But seriously she would get us those, and easter baskets, bags of halloween candy, christmas candy, the list keeps growning. It took some time but she soon realized we were serious about not wanting all the candy and sweets. She has even started to cut it out of her diet as well, which is great.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    I love the new lemonade ones this year and the new cranberry ones. The thanks-a-lot are good too!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Thin Mint just out of the freezer. :bigsmile:

^^this
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member

Ok Go!

That sucks there's no GS Where you are...ah well sounds like you found a good substitute!

Do you have a Dollar General or a Family Dollar nearby? They carry the GS cookies just with a DG or FD label.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Thin Mint just out of the freezer. :bigsmile:

^^this

Yup, me too. I am not a fan of most GS cookies and I don't normally like chocolate with mint but those are super tasty cold. mmmm
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    peanut butter patties have been a favorite forever. They used to also sell these ones that had a dollop of red "fruit" in the center that was visible and open, and surrounded with the shortbread cookie. i liked those too, but i don't think they make them anymore.

Are those like the ones that Peek Freans makes? I just had some the other day. But the ones I had are the two cookies, with vanilla cream in the middle and a dollop of red fruit in the center, on the top (like you described). I have had other cookies that are a softer type of cookie, with the fruit in the center.

yes! but, i don't recall if they were sandwiched cream. I think it was one cookie, surrounding the fruit dollop in the center. but definitely very similar to those Peek Freans ones.