Sabotaged by a good deed! HELP!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what is funny is that back in my early days of "clean eating" style dieting I did actually worry a little about the crackers and cordial.

Live and learn :smile:
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I also donated today. I had those pop chips. Mm.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is this a serious post?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    They forced me to eat the crackers and wafer bar before I could leave the area and get back to work. Now I feel that I might as well keep eating the snacks since the wafer woke up the "sleeping sweet tooth" inside my belly.

GET IN MY BELLY!!!!

total troll….
  • Tacticalmedic13
    Tacticalmedic13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The average blood donation of 500ml (~1.2 lbs) would contain roughly 450 calories. If you were going to add that amount to your available calories for the day I would suggest eating something that can help replace the lost blood (protein and minerals). Red meat would be a good choice over simple sugars. In either case, it is better for you to eat the snacks after donating than for you to pass out. I would keep donating blood and give yourself a little extra calories for the day for doing a good deed. A little extra calories every 56 days won't kill your diet plan.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Omg those blood drive people totally sabotaged you! I wouldn't take that crap from them. You should file a formal complaint and see how they respond. :mad:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Calories burned during donating blood? Since when? You will have burnt of calories just breathing but it's not like something you can log as exercise & you would have burnt off about the same amount as before.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating a big sugar cookie that likely contains more calories and more sugar than your post donation snack. I'm still going to be under calories for the day. Seriously, if you're that worried, figure out about how many calories the snack was and eat that much less of other stuff than you planned.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I feel better now. I stayed under control and did not gorge myself. I will donate again in 56 days and I hope the control is still there.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Calories burned during donating blood? Since when? You will have burnt of calories just breathing but it's not like something you can log as exercise & you would have burnt off about the same amount as before.
    You can't log it as exercise but it's about 500g of your body weight taken away, containing lots of protein and iron etc.
    You should definitely make sure you rehydrate after blood donation to make up for the volume lost but there must be some kind of calorie deficit involved, at least in the short term.