has anyone tried the Alli Diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Go to Amazon.com and check out some of the reviews about Alli. You will quickly become disenchanted with that idea.

Yep, you won't sleep for a week.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My GP put me on the prescription version of this for a while. I never once had 'anal leakage'. Really, the only way you would expel mass amounts of oily liquid from your nether regions is if you don't do what you're meant to, and go over the fat limit for the day.

It's not hard.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My GP put me on the prescription version of this for a while. I never once had 'anal leakage'. Really, the only way you would expel mass amounts of oily liquid from your nether regions is if you don't do what you're meant to, and go over the fat limit for the day.

Your body needs fats.
    It's not hard.

It's rather loose and oily. :laugh:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Stock up on new underware. As it makes you REALLY go #2. Caution, don't have any cod-liver oil with it. :happy:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

It's not hard.

This is why I say it is a negative reinforcement drug. "stay under your fat limit or I'll punish you with humiliating poops!!" - doesn't that just mean you could lose weight the exact same way without the pills?
  • smaugish
    Options

Your body needs fats.

Oh, I'm aware of this. It's why, as soon as I was getting the real help I needed (with my mental health) and researched nutrition I asked to be taken off them.

I'm just pointing out that if anyone were to try them, it's very easy to avoid the awful oily mess.
  • smaugish
    Options

It's not hard.

This is why I say it is a negative reinforcement drug. "stay under your fat limit or I'll punish you with humiliating poops!!" - doesn't that just mean you could lose weight the exact same way without the pills?

I agree, it's an awful thing that doesn't teach you anything, and no type of food should be eliminated without due cause.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Yes. I took alli on and off for about a year while I lost over a 100 pounds. However, I don't contribute any of that weight loss to the drug. I was 300 pounds when I cut my intake to 1200 calories, so I'm pretty sure I would have lost at the same rate with or without alli. Also, I'm terrible at remembering to take medication, so I can't tell you if taking it on a regular basis would have had better/actual results.

All you're going to get on mfp is a bunch of diarrhea jokes. I never had any side effects with alli. As long as you stay within the recommended fat intake, you shouldn't have any side effects either. That being said... it was most likely a complete waste of money. It was more of a placebo than anything (in my experience).

ETA: There were several days in the first few months where I would go 100 or more grams over the 'recommended' fat limit, and even then I never had any side effects. Maybe it just depends on the person??
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options

"Showboating is not recommended" :laugh: Thanks, this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Sounds worse than prepping for a colonoscopy, and believe me, you don't leave home once you've taken that stuff!
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    My mum was on similar diet pills, they weren't Alli but they were something similar, and she was constantly passing orange liquid and experiencing horrific diarrhoea, which, by the looks of things is also a side effect of Alli. Not worth it, just another fad/con.