How much weight did you put on over the Xmas break?

Options
I gave myself full permission to eat and drink as much as I wanted of whatever my wee heart desired for 3 weeks over the Christmas/New Year break, and loved every guilt-free minute of it!

I'm a little terrified to get on the scale now but suspect I've taken a couple of decent steps backwards on my weightloss journey.

Am back on track now, logging and gyming like a good girl cos I know how to do this...but am interested to know if anyone else gave themselves a leave pass over Xmas and what the "damage" has been.

HAPPY 2014 ALL!!

:smile:

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Didn't gain anything, but pretty sure I won't be losing my usual lb this month. Didn't give myself a total pass, either. I decided to skip logging, but eat semi-sensibly. Fill up on my favorite meats, veg, and fruit and only THEN go for the high-cal goodies I wanted. Seems to have been an OK strategy for a couple of weeks.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Didn't gain anything, but pretty sure I won't be losing my usual lb this month. Didn't give myself a total pass, either. I decided to skip logging, but eat semi-sensibly. Fill up on my favorite meats, veg, and fruit and only THEN go for the high-cal goodies I wanted. Seems to have been an OK strategy for a couple of weeks.

You're so good!

I consol myself in the knowledge that I took my break 6.6kgs lighter than I used to be, which gives me a little more wiggle room.

Feels great to be back into it though...and now I have a wedding to work towards (when I started it was my 40th birthday in October).
  • gimmecoffeeiv
    gimmecoffeeiv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I gained about 5 pounds. I also didn't exercise like I normally do and definitely did not eat like I normally do!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I gained about 5 pounds. I also didn't exercise like I normally do and definitely did not eat like I normally do!

Yay! I'm not alone!

Are you feeling bad, or do you think you deserved a break?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I initially gained 3lbs but I didn't eat that much it was gone before I knew it.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hard to say - I'm retaining SO MUCH WATER. The scale says I'm up about 4 lbs, but I expect that within the next two weeks that will all flush away.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure thanks to hormones, but definitely not more than a pound or two, tops
  • TheGoal_IsSoul
    Options
    Gained about 3 pounds... stopped running around thanksgiving and am now kicking myself because I can't find the motivation to start again!
  • kkbrig
    kkbrig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did horribly! Since the middle of November, gained 11 pounds! Started with a kid's soccer tournament trip, then a kid's birthday, Thanksgiving, too many Christmas parties, house guests three times, another kid's birthday, MY birthday... phew. Very upset with myself that I let it go that far. I do not feel guilty about eating some special foods at the special occasions. What I am mad about is that I did not get right back and be strict on all those in between times. It's like I never slide just a little. I either don't slide or I slide A LOT. I need to learn moderation.
  • DeathRabbit
    Options
    I gained about 8 lbs, but a lot of it was bloat, as I've already lost almost 4 of it. I too gave myself free reign to eat whatever I wanted, and took 3 weeks off of exercise, just because I was starting to slowly accumulate injuries.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I maintained over Christmas which is a first for me!
  • Amandabelanger614
    Amandabelanger614 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I cheated about 1/3 of the time over 2 weeks. Gained about 2 back...but its already come off and then some..
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Me too!:smile:
  • DeathRabbit
    Options
    I think a little cheating is useful actually. As long as you don't let it go on for too long, it can kinda recharge your will power. I'm already feeling ready to attack my diet/exercise regimen renewed gusto.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds from December 1-31. :bigsmile:
  • briannanoelg
    Options
    I didn't gain anything :happy: I had my cheat days, definitely enjoyed sweets (TWO cinnamon rolls with cinnabun icing on christmas... yummy), and ate a ton on new years. But I maintained my workout schedule, and actually lost over the holidays.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Didn't count on Christmas Eve/Day or NYE/day and still down two and a half pounds for those two weeks.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs!
    I completely stopped tracking everything, stopped weighing myself, and only worked out when I really wanted to/had time. December is always insanely busy for me. I hosted 5 parties and went to 5 or 6 more, plus several brunches/lunches with friends in town for the holidays.

I made a couple rules for myself, eat 2 servings of veggies before any parties, at a party I could have booze or sweets but not both, and I couldn't do any secret eating. But other than that, whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted from Thanksgiving until after New Year's.

I think the no secret eating (getting cookies/treats and taking them to my room to eat alone) made the biggest difference, as we always have sweets around the house, and taking some to snack on during a bath or in my room during homework was second nature. But making myself put them on a plate and eat them in the kitchen with other people stopped/reduced a lot of the mindless snacking on high calorie stuff. I still had cookies for breakfast a couple times, but I felt more in control of it, and eating cookies for breakfast while staring at a banana (instead of at the computer screen or book) makes me a lot more likely to actually eat said banana.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    None. A few pounds of water weight, but they disappeared right after I stopped drinking a lot of alcohol & eating high sodium foods.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    zip, nada, nothing...I enjoyed the actual holiday itself and Christmas eve and New Years eve, etc...but baring those occasions I kept to my normal routine and ate the same way I always do...I didn't just eat for 3 weeks straight.