How much weight did you put on over the Xmas break?

Options

Replies

• emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Maybe like 3lbs at the highest, but it is nearly all gone now :D
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I think a little cheating is useful actually. As long as you don't let it go on for too long, it can kinda recharge your will power. I'm already feeling ready to attack my diet/exercise regimen renewed gusto.

I feel exactly like this. Really enjoyed the break, stuffed myself silly with all the naughtiness I could find (cos I knew I only had a short window to do so) and drank like a fish...and now I'm super motivated to get back to logging and exercising again.

Only two days in to plugging back in and I'm feeling fab already. Will be interested to see what the scales actually say when I finally build up the courage to step on them (probably Saturday). I may find I haven't done nearly as much backtracking as I thought.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    None. A few pounds of water weight, but they disappeared right after I stopped drinking a lot of alcohol & eating high sodium foods.

This for me too.

I should add that I'm in maintenance, so that makes a difference.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The scale says 2 pounds but I'm pretty sure most of it is bloat. No big deal, it was worth it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I "gained" about 2.2 lb total and now it's back off. But I really think much of that was water anyway. I don't regret having fun and eating a lot of the peanut butter fudge my mom made. I do kick myself a tiny bit though because I'm at 203 and probably COULD have achieved "onederland" by now if I hadn't indulged. But I am proud of myself for logging and doing pretty well despite all of the yummy treats and snowy weather getting in the way of my normal lifestyle/eating habits.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I ate like a pig. Didn't gain anything at all.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i had the flu and didn't eat that week: lost ~5lbs. i'm trying to gain. so this is par for the course for me. :grumble:
  • EmmaOnTrack
    Options
    I ate like a pig. Didn't gain anything at all.

I want to be you when I grow up.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Continued to lose, didn't gain. I had more pizza, more pizzelles, and aplets/cotlets but I still worked out and I tracked it all. I wanted to see if I could keep it all up while not feeling deprived or beset upon, and I did. I feel like I got a lot of great food in, loads of good family times, and I still stuck to my lifestyle.

However, that doesn't mean I frown on anyone who decided to do something different - it's totally what works for you!
  • carrieconnell33
    Options
    OMG. I had the week before xmas cookie swaps (baking and sampling) department xmas lunch, friends xmas lunch, xmas dinner, then there was xmas eve party, big Christmas breakfast, dinner, company from out of town, lots of chocolates, nuts, chips, egg nog & rums, specialty coffees, wine, triffle, pies, candycane ice cream!!! And I ate whatever I wanted unleashed and never saw the outside of the house with the exception of shopping which meant more lunches or dinners out!

Weight gained over the holidays 7lbs. I started back on track with myfitnesspal yesterday and am hoping for those holiday pounds to drop quickly. Fingers crossed I can kick those bad habits that from the holidays that have already turned into cravings!
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Didn't log or exercise for a few weeks gained 2lbs thought would be more .....but back on track now !
  • EmmaOnTrack
    Options
    OMG. I had the week before xmas cookie swaps (baking and sampling) department xmas lunch, friends xmas lunch, xmas dinner, then there was xmas eve party, big Christmas breakfast, dinner, company from out of town, lots of chocolates, nuts, chips, egg nog & rums, specialty coffees, wine, triffle, pies, candycane ice cream!!! And I ate whatever I wanted unleashed and never saw the outside of the house with the exception of shopping which meant more lunches or dinners out!

Weight gained over the holidays 7lbs. I started back on track with myfitnesspal yesterday and am hoping for those holiday pounds to drop quickly. Fingers crossed I can kick those bad habits that from the holidays that have already turned into cravings!

You can do it!!
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I actually lost a lb. Didn't deprive myself all through thanksgiving, christmas,and New Years but I didn't are bad. I usually don't have a habit of gorging on food anyway. So I filled up my plate once, felt full, then stopped. I also exercised once or twice a week but it wasn't my normal 3-4 times a week regimen
  • BigAndyT
    BigAndyT Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    6 lbs! Could of been worse
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 10 days!!! I came home from my vacation and started drinking a fair amount of water and it looks like 2 of those pounds weren't water weight as 6 came RIGHT OFF...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs.. and I ate everything I wanted and then some. Not sure how that happened.
  • Wildgypsie22
    Options
    Didn't gain anything I lost. I didn't go over board had a little of everything once I felt full I stopped.
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know - I'm afraid to get on the scale. :smile:
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Lost 4 lbs in December after finally defeating a 5 or 6 week plateau.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Since Nov. 23, I lost about 6 lb.