IIFYM, what it means (to me) and a day in my life...

Options
13»

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    FY, you can save a 150 calories for something else if you use PB2 Peanut butter.

Nutrition
    Serving Size 2 tbsp (12g)
    Calories 45
    Fat Cal 16
    Protein 5g
    Sodium 94mg
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 1g

And again

lwSVNOe.gif

Not everyone is trying to eat the least calorie dense food possible. If more people understood this, there would be less 'how can I possibly eat 1200 Calories?' threads.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    FY, you can save a 150 calories for something else if you use PB2 Peanut butter.

Nutrition
    Calories 45
    Fat Cal 16
    Protein 5g
    Sodium 94mg
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 1g

I'm purposely eating the peanut butter for the fat.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Nutrition
    Calories 45
    Fat Cal 16
    Protein 5g
    Sodium 94mg
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 1g

I'm purposely eating the peanut butter for the fat.

And for its delicious taste and consistency, right?

Jim-Gaffigan-eating-ice-cream-and-peanut-butter.gif
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't get all the IIFYM, paleo, clean eating, whatever hate. I eat IIFYM (30/45/25 - c/f/p) and happen to not eat grains or "processed foods" (whatever the hell that means too).

I'm sick of all the labels. I just like to eat food! Can't we all just get along? :flowerforyou:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I hope burning with jealousy is good for some calories, because my IIFYM doesn't look much like that (I have half the calories to play with). :explode:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    curious about this - do you just monitor the 3 macros - Carbs, Fat, Protein?

For the most part...I have mine set to hit my protein and fat goals first and foremost. I also have fiber goals and try to hit on all of my vitamins and minerals. If you have a fairly balanced macro ratio you're pretty much going to hit on your nutrition.
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    For me IIFYM means that most days I make breakfast, lunch and dinner at home and it's usually pretty "clean" (depending on your definition), although there might be ice cream for desert. But today I was out, two hours away from home and getting really hungry. The fastest and cheapest thing I could get was McDonald. So I did. I kept within my calories for the day and tomorrow I will go back to making dinner at home.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes BUT you have way more calories to work with than most of us.

My day yesterday was close to perfect on my 1600 calorie diet (40/30/30). I had meatloaf and ketchup for breakfast (regular meatloaf using 90% ground beef and pork), 2 cups of fish soup with toasts with light cream cheese and smoked salmon and 1 pouch of skinny cow milk chocolate cluster for lunch, a small piece of cheese with 4 crackers for snack, chicken sausage, butternut squash, broccoli and a clementine for dinner.

Most days I wouldn't be able to stick to my macro while having ice cream and chocolate. Today is looking really good too, and I had treats, but two of them had protein too (a quest bar, a small atkins bar, those skinny cow chocolate clusters, and 2 fig newtons).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

My day yesterday was close to perfect on my 1600 calorie diet (40/30/30). I had meatloaf and ketchup for breakfast (regular meatloaf using 90% ground beef and pork), 2 cups of fish soup with toasts with light cream cheese and smoked salmon and 1 pouch of skinny cow milk chocolate cluster for lunch, a small piece of cheese with 4 crackers for snack, chicken sausage, butternut squash, broccoli and a clementine for dinner.

Most days I wouldn't be able to stick to my macro while having ice cream and chocolate. Today is looking really good too, and I had treats, but two of them had protein too (a quest bar, a small atkins bar, those skinny cow chocolate clusters, and 2 fig newtons).

that's not the point...the point is hitting your calorie requirements and hitting your macros rather than demonizing foods. You had a meatloaf...lots of "dieters" would scoff at that unless it was a "cauliflower loaf". That is the point...you don't have to suffer and substitute cauliflower for everything or suck on celery sticks all day or deprive yourself of things you enjoy...all you have to do is hit your calories and macros.
  • _John_
    Options

the quickest advice is just scale the servings down, which is admittedly almost impossible due to practicality, reality, and how food is typically packaged, particularly process foods that are ready to eat such as the ice cream cone I ate (what are you gonna do, eat a 1/3 of it and then store the rest in your handy ice chest that happens to have dry ice so it stays frozen?)
  • _John_
    Options

that's not the point...the point is hitting your calorie requirements and hitting your macros rather than demonizing foods. You had a meatloaf...lots of "dieters" would scoff at that unless it was a "cauliflower loaf". That is the point...you don't have to suffer and substitute cauliflower for everything or suck on celery sticks all day or deprive yourself of things you enjoy...all you have to do is hit your calories and macros.

granted I'm IIFYM advanced version and know myself and generally have a ballpark in my head of where I'm at based on what I ate, but I think about and consider nutrtion when I decide what to eat. It is absolutely a consideration in the foods I eat (and I would ironically say even moreso in deciding what "junk food" to eat, as I spelled out, my junk food actually served a small nutritional purpose in my example).
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious.

And also sounds like I should keep an extra jar of peanut butter here at work.........

I always keep one at home and one at work, in case of emergency. Do it! :smile:

PS - I also have a pint of Talenti gelato in the freezer at work, you know, in case of emergency.
    Oh those emergencies.

You work close? :wink:
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    I was being sarcastic.

I don't know when they will invent a sarcastic font but it would save me having to write these sorts of replies. Which I am not really going to write...

No point.

No point in this response either really - link your gif again...