Do you have to eat clean to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Nope, see my diary. It is the farthest thing from clean. I have had no trouble losing weight, I am very healthy and active, and I can get my body to look however I want to.

Look into IIFYM - if it fits your macros. There's actually a good post about it right now, here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1167022-iifym-what-it-means-to-me-and-a-day-in-my-life

IMHO it's a much more sensible way to live than "clean eating." I have nothing against people who eat clean and find success with it, but I get very fed up when those people try to push that you HAVE to eat clean to lose weight or be healthy.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way (yes I'm going to be THAT person), 1200 calories is most likely too low for you, do some research on here about BMR and TDEE and use that to figure out how much you should actually be eating. That's all I'm going to say because I don't want to start a riot on this thread :laugh:

But yes your "unhealthy" snacking is just fine. Weight loss shouldn't have to be miserable :drinker:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Nope. There's nothing "clean" about my food. I eat processed grains, sugar, and all sorts of things that some would consider junk.
  • lozeliz
    lozeliz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CookingMamaAUS
    CookingMamaAUS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! But once you start to eat to a calorie restricted diet, you work out pretty quickly that while you *can* eat cake, chocolate or deep fried things, they portion size you have to stick to is so small it's not worth the bother. On the other hand, you can pretty much eat as many green vegetables as you want and it will hardly register on your day's total. So you start to choose healthier alternatives automatically, simply because you can actually eat more of them.

I think the whole clean eating thing is crap - especially the whole replacing flour with protein powder thing. How is it "clean" to eat a highly processed protein extract from a jar?