What are your binge day calories?

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the meal isn't over when i'm full. the meal is over when i hate myself- Louis C.K.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I eat diligently and at a deficit during the week (aim for 1600-1800 calories) because on weekends I tend to eat 2500-3000 calories/day. Thus, my "binge" day is 2500-3000 calories. It's what works for me because I like to go out and eat/drink.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    No, I guess my real question is when you have a day (usually weekend for me) of overeating a bit, how high do you go?

My weekends can get up in the 4,000 calorie range (pretty sure that's what this past Friday came in at :laugh: ). But I don't consider that binging because I eat in a high/low calorie pattern (carried over from my weight loss days of doing alternate day IF). I have higher calorie weekends and then my week days are usually lower calories. It all evens out and I'm maintaining really well :smile:

ETA: So for example-
    Friday-4,000 calories
    Saturday-2,500 calories
    Sunday-2,500 calories
    Monday-1,500 calories
    Tuesday-2,500 calories
    Wednesday-1,500 calories
    =14,500 calories.
    ~ My maintenance calories for 6 days is between 13,500-15,000 calories (depending if I get in all my work outs)

Now, I just do the math in my head, so there's a bit of wiggle room in there with the numbers, but you get the idea :smile: I will say Friday was a bit higher calories than my normal weekend higher calorie days-had BK for lunch, local pizza place for supper, a deep fried hot fudge sundae to finish the night up, plus a few other things earlier in the day, like a 500 sweet potato breakfast. It was a fun day :bigsmile:

Twinsies. I'm trying to keep my weekdays a little more consistent these days, but this is just how I maintain. A high/spike day for me is 3,500-4,000 calories of wonderful.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Now, I just do the math in my head, so there's a bit of wiggle room in there with the numbers, but you get the idea :smile: I will say Friday was a bit higher calories than my normal weekend higher calorie days-had BK for lunch, local pizza place for supper, a deep fried hot fudge sundae to finish the night up, plus a few other things earlier in the day, like a 500 sweet potato breakfast. It was a fun day :bigsmile:

You had me at Deep Fried Hot Fudge Sundae :love:

Yeah, it was epic :laugh:
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Easily over 4000, last time was 4380 I think..

Edit: that's like a holiday/unplanned type thing, I don't do regular binge days lol
  • tembii
    tembii Posts: 34
    Options
    2,500 on my binge day c:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i can eat like a machine so I typically avoid binge days or cheat days..

I am the guy that can eat a large pizza by himself and be hungry two hours later…scary, but true...
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't binge. If I want to eat a high calorie treat, I fit in extra calorie burning exercise. I ate pizza yesterday and was still under my calories.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    No, I guess my real question is when you have a day (usually weekend for me) of overeating a bit, how high do you go?

That's a calorie spike day. A binge is something you cannot control. On a calorie spike day I usually hit a max of 3000 calories. During a binge I've been known to eat 6000-9000 calories. It wasn't pretty.

Based on this explanation, I don't think I've had a binge day in a very long time. I do have the occasional " Oh crap I ate and drank a ton but I have no clue how to log it" day, but I don't think it ever gets THAT high. I maintain at 1900 calories, but usually have at least one day a week where I reach 2500. I try to save a few calories during the week for this day to balance it out.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think you promote healthier lifestyle and choices if you take the foods you want and fit them into your calorie allotment..rather then having a weekly blow out…just my opinion...

As someone with a binge eating disorder (currently managing and recovering, and maintaining a 70-lb loss), I wholeheartedly agree with this. If you ever had a problem with bingeing, I highly recommend NOT having a binge day as it can trigger old behavior patterns.

That being said, I know people who do perfectly fine with "cheat days" and if that's the case for you then there shouldn't be an issue with it. Just be careful if you have propensities to binge is all.
  • minisnee09
    Options
    So since there's a difference between spike days and binge days. Does anyone have any advice for controlling the binge day urges? That has always been a problem for me. Not every day or even once a week. It's few and far in between but it's still there.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I don't binge, but a spike day (like the holidays), 4500-5000 calories.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yeah, big difference between binges and "cheat days". Binges are emotionally tolling and involve deeper issues, not simply allowing yourself to indulge a bit.

I do not have "cheat days". I try to allow myself to have anything I want in moderation. Eating enough each day and eating the things I enjoy is one thing that I've found helps prevent binges (true binges) that I struggle with.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

I usually just make room for what I want and fit it into my calorie allotment for the day….if I do go over it is usually about 200 to 300…

I think you promote healthier lifestyle and choices if you take the foods you want and fit them into your calorie allotment..rather then having a weekly blow out…just my opinion...

I'm not at maintenance yet... but this is what I do. If I want it... I eat it. If I have to go for a run to "earn" the calories... that's what I do.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't have a binge day.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My binge days tend to be between 1800-2000 calories.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well, binge is defined as:

1. A drunken spree or revel.

a. A period of unrestrained, immoderate self-indulgence.

b. A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink:

So really, it does fit into the calorie spike definition. Though I'm rarely completely "unrestrained", my spike days definitely count as binging according to the definition above. I mean, I drink and eat what I want (emphasis on the drink) without thinking much about it. I get it if you have of had an ED, but this site gets weird with word games sometimes.

Carry-on.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Well, binge is defined as:

1. A drunken spree or revel.

a. A period of unrestrained, immoderate self-indulgence.

b. A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink:

So really, it does fit into the calorie spike definition. Though I'm rarely completely "unrestrained", my spike days definitely count as binging according to the definition above. I mean, I drink and eat what I want (emphasis on the drink) without thinking much about it. I get it if you have of had an ED, but this site gets weird with word games sometimes.

Carry-on.

Per National Library of Medicine:
    Binge eating is an eating disorder in which a person eats a much larger amount of food in a shorter period of time than he or she normally would. During binge eating, the person also feels a loss of control.

Eating what you want (or drinking) without thinking about it is not binge eating, it's letting loose.

My last binge I had some pizza with my kids and had worked 2 slices into my calorie goal. There were 3 slices left in the box, so I ate another. After that I felt like I had to eat the last two even though I told myself that I could save them for the kids. Then I went to the cupboard and ate two bowls of cereal because I felt that I absolutely had to eat them. Then I had some snack cakes. Then I sat with a bowl of candy and ate until I thought I was going to throw up. No matter how hard I tried to stop myself from eating something else I kept eating. The entire time I hated myself for what I was doing and I cried myself to sleep. That is a binge.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    I am the guy that can eat a large pizza by himself and be hungry two hours later…scary, but true...

.....I am the girl who can do that. In fact that was Christmas. Oh glorious Christmas....I won't ever forget those delicious 8000 calories....

That also used to be me all the time. Friday night. A large Papa Johns pizza, three rum and diet cokes, and a bag of goldfish crackers and a box of girl scout cookies. In four hours. *shudders*
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't schedule any sort of overeating but if it happens, most is about 3000-3500.