Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Oh lord
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Troll or not, unfortunately there are far too many impressionable lurkers on these boards who will take this as good advice.
  • missyont
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate within a few lbs throughout the day and the day to day...could be water retention, full bladder or other things...etc..you always weight less when you first wake up before you eat...could be weighing with more clothes etc...weight nake in the morning 1x per week
  • gmhaggie06
    Options
    How does your body grow fat out of nothing? It doesn't make any sense!!!! It's kind of like your car magically creating the fuel it needs on it's own; IT CAN'T BE DONE!

Unless you're at about 5% body-fat, I doubt you're actually experiencing any type of actual starvation mode either.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Eating below bmr reduces your metabolism and slows your weight loss. Eat atleast 1600, or you will damage your metabolism permanently.

Strong first post. Why 1600 calories? That's such an arbitrary number.
  • Kefrox29
    Kefrox29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Because BMRs start at around 1500 and I've no idea what her height and current weight is, so I'm unable to calculate her TDEE.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You posted the same sort of thing yesterday .. and went on to disregard all the advice.

Oh dear...
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Because BMRs start at around 1500

No. Not even close. Try again.
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    Because BMRs start at around 1500...
    Nonsense.

A 5'3, 115 pound woman at 20% BF - i.e., a perfectly normal healthy woman - typically has a BMR in the 1200s.

To cite but one example...
  • Kefrox29
    Options
    Correct me then.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Correct me then.

My BMR is about 1500 on the nose.

And I'm a 5'8, 155 lb male.

What do you think a 5'2, 120 lb woman's BMR is going to be?
  • Kefrox29
    Options
    Do you cut at 1500 then?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Do you cut at 1500 then?

Why would you cut at your BMR? :huh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Correct me then.

I am 5 ft 7 165lb woman who is 41 my bmr is 1495....

My sister who is 5 ft 4, 128lbs and is 43 has a bmr of 1310....

You stand corrected.
  • Kefrox29
    Options
    Before I've said to eat at atleast 1600 calories, because I assumed she was working out around 3 times a week.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Correct me then.

My BMR is about 1500 on the nose.

And I'm a 5'8, 155 lb male.

What do you think a 5'2, 120 lb woman's BMR is going to be?

Jeez lousie you weigh less then me.....:sad: :sad: :sad: wth
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Before I've said to eat at atleast 1600 calories, because I assumed she was working out around 3 times a week.

I workout 3x a week with weights and that is my TDEE-20%...not sure a woman who is shorter then me and weights less then me should be eating that.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Yeah, don't make wild assumptions about other people when giving them specific recommendations.
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    That has nothing to do with your claims regarding BMR.

You made a mistake - instead of digging yourself a second grave, just own up to it and move on.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

I workout 3x a week with weights and that is my TDEE-20%...not sure a woman who is shorter then me and weights less then me should be eating that.

Indeed. My TDEE (based on actual results) is 1630 (without significant cardio-a lot of cardio brings it up to closer to 1800-1900). At least 1600 is maintenance for me (plus a little margin of error). But I'm short and old.