what do you have for lunch?

Replies

• You guys are giving me some great ideas !!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I'm busy and can't focus on food too much. On MOnday, I bring a package of whole wheat tortillas, a package of cheese, and cut up romaine and tomatoes. That's lunch.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Lunch today was petite sirloin, cubed and pan cooked with onions, bell pepper and lots of mushrooms. With a generous dash of A-1 sauce :smile: For around 600 calories and it was my big meal of the day.
  • I'm busy and can't focus on food too much. On MOnday, I bring a package of whole wheat tortillas, a package of cheese, and cut up romaine and tomatoes. That's lunch.
    my stomach would cry if ate just that , sounds good though
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Oh, and one more tip (from another sour cream lover, lol!) - try mixing your sour cream with your favorite salsa. You still get the creamy sour cream flavor, but since salsa is super low calorie it really thins it out (plus give it a zip). I actually use that combo for salad dressing sometimes, too, mixed with lime juice if I have any. I'm totally making that soup recipe!
  • I personally find it easier to keep track of calorie intake etc by eating pre-packaged lunches. Generally I have noodle or vegetable pots which are low calorie but filling (around 280-320 calories). I then usually have a banana or clementine afterwards.

Innocent do a good range: http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things-we-make/noodle-pots/vietnam-curry (these may only be available in the UK though!)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Today I had a salad - chicken breast, low fat Mexican cheese, tomato, lettuce, honey mustard dressing. Could have added some hard boiled egg. I make taco salads, or I like beets/goat cheese/smoked salmon salad too.

Yesterday I had fish soup and a grilled smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich. The day before chicken noodle soup, before that chicken breast and egg noodles, the day before tacos... I use low fat sour cream and low fat cheese in my Mexican stuff and really can't tell the difference.

Often I just have some chicken breast with veggies... Sometimes we just make extra rice or egg noodles and have them with it too. If I'm still full I have a Greek yogurt with it.

I like the turkey meatloaf from Skinnytaste though. I could totally make one and eat it in 4 days.
  • myfrogs11
    myfrogs11 Posts: 53 Member
    Today I had leftover chicken/veggie stirfry. Weighed the leftover rice (83 g), about 4 oz (112g) chicken, and couple scoops of the veggies. 19 Carbs, 35 protein, about 350 cals (I added in 50 quick cals for homemade sauce).
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Yesterday, lunch was 1 serving sweet potato fries (baked), oven roasted asparagus with olive oil & kosher salt and a spinach and a feta "cake" (patty) sold at Costco.

Today was 2 pan seared tilapia fillets, steamed fresh broccoli and an orange.

I will be more creative once I make it to the store :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Steamed broccoli, snow peas, mushroom, round beans, sometimes potato if I have the calorie allowance for it and a grilled meat like chicken breast, lean beef or kangaroo.

Sometimes I'll have a salad and tuna wrap to make things different.

I work from home so it's a bit easier to prepare the meals. Though when I worked in an office I took zip lock bags with veggies in them and pre-cooked meat. You just microwave the vegetables to steam them.
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Chili with extra lean ground beef and lots of veggies with a light babybel cheese and some cucumbers.

5 days a week.
  • I usually have a big salad with maybe 3 cups of lettuce mix, one chopped whole tomato, some red onion, 1 tbsp. capers, 1 cup mushrooms, 2-3 tbsp. salad dressing (90-120 cal dressings per 2 tbsp.) with either naked quorn or a veggie burger or an ounce of chopped full fat cheese or some grilled chicken

or

a big vegetable stirfry sometimes with a protein sometimes not and maybe fruit or yogurt as well

Today I had 2 servings of quick oats with ground chia, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and splenda
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Chicken - Chicken Breast - Skinless - Baked (Ck), 6 oz

165 - Calories

35 - Protein

2 - Calcium

0 - Carbs

0 - Fiber

Catelli - Pizza Sauce Tomato & Basil, 1/4 cup (125 ml)

30 - Calories

1 - Protein

1 - Calcium

6 - Carbs

1 - Fiber

Okanagan's Soya - Mozzarella Flavoured Loaf, 1/2 cup (28g)

180 - Calories

8 - Protein

30 - Calcium

2 - Carbs

0 - Fiber

Produce - Raw Bell Pepper - Green/Red/Yellow/Orange, 1/4 medium

Broccoli - Cooked - Steamed, 0.5 cup cooked

Cauliflower - Steamed W/O Salt, 1/2 cup cooked

Vegetable - Mushroom - White Button, 1 mushroom

Totals

417 - Calories

47 - Protein

35 - Calcium

16 - Carbs

6 - Fiber

Pizza Chicken with Steamed Cauliflower and broccoli
  • tianaclark
    tianaclark Posts: 6 Member
    For a sour cream alternative... you can make avocado cream! Avocados are full of healthy fat and fiber. I use my Nutribullet, but sure any blender would work. Throw in half of an avocado, a splash of Apple Cider Vineger (the real kind with "the mother"), if you don't have that you can squeeze some lemon (I used lemon and ACV), a little bit of purified water (test the thickness level you prefer), some flaxseeds (high in omega 3's and FIBER!I used maybe half of a tablespoon), a handful of cilantro, a dash of sea salt, and one tablespooon of EVOO, then BLEND. Did this today for my salad and was super delish with some salsa, nitrate free turkey slices, salad, sliced cabbage and sweet peppers, with some quinoa. SO good and was SUPER FULL! Another great site for recipes: check out elana's pantry or detoxtinista. Super healthy and easy!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Today I for lunch i had 3 slices of deli pineapple ham ( 2 oz, 55 cal) with a slice of low fat cheddar cheese (60 cal) laid flat then wraped around 1 baby dill pickle ( 0 cal), 1 apple turnover yogurt (90 cal) and some tortilla chips (.5 oz, 70 cal). Then i topped it all off with 2 pieces of cookie dough (180 cal). Thankfully the cookie dough is almost gone :)
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Salad- Spinach, walnuts, dried cranberries, feta, grilled chicken breast & raspberry vinagrette.
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Following for later
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    A tortilla wrap, filled with peppery salad leaves, 3 Quorn Hot and Spicy bites, a tablespoon of Hellman's mayo and slices of sweet pickles :)
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Mexican rice (brown rice), fish, avocado with salsa..... YUM!

One thing I've learned is that's it's all about seasoning! Herbs, spices, onion, garlic, citrus.... super important. No need to have boring bland food in order to be healthy.

21525558.png
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    I've been making stews and chilis and just eating a batch for lunch and dinner for a couple days, then freezing the remainder. After I've gone through the process with several recipes, just reheating the old batches from the freezer. Boring, perhaps, but it's tasty, made exactly how I like it, and I know everything that went into it.

boring but easy. i made Crock pot chicken enchilada soup for lunch this week. but it doesnt taste good without cheese and sour cream :(

Why arent you having cheese or sour cream? I dont eat them so much generally for my home made tacos.enchiladas and if I got left overs with my chili's but why give it up? Make sure it fits in with your calorie goals and you should be fine