What's the worst food in your town/city?

Options
13»

Replies

• boomstick13s
    Options
    Not a fan of IHOP.... LONG LIVE WAFFLE HOUSE!!!
  • ronmichel
    ronmichel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here in Springfield Illinois, it might be the 'Horse shoe" two hamburger patties over texas toast covered with fries and smothered with one or two different cheese sauces!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am from Sheffield, England and our thing is Yorkshire puddings, no idea if these are known else where with a different name :S

Basically they are made from pancake mix, but are savoury, filled with things like sausages. Not good for you, but goooood.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Cincinnati, Ohio - we have Skyline & Gold Star (Chili, spaghetti, cheese or coneys (buns, hotdogs, chili, cheese)) yummy
    Also, Graeters Ice Cream (chocolate chip cookie dough in a pretzel cone)
  • GetBackontrack
    Options
    Fried Grouper Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese and tartar sauce. (Anna Maria Island, Florida)
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I am from South Louisiana. Fried seafood, boiled seafood, beignets, cafe au lait, red beans and rice, jambayla.........and the list goes on.....

Yup, and anything with a roux
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am from South Louisiana. Fried seafood, boiled seafood, beignets, cafe au lait, red beans and rice, jambayla.........and the list goes on.....

Yup, and anything with a roux

And served over rice................
  • sunshinegrrrl
    Options
    Well this isn't really from my city I live in but it's pretty close. In seattle there's ****'s hamburgers which I absolutely a-DORE! They are SOOO fatty and greasy and delicious. Their fries are heavenly, and their tartar sauce is to die for. can you tell I love that place?
    Then there's beth's cafe, which was on Man Vs. Food... home of the 12 egg omelet with chili, cheese, etc. I've never had it but I heard it was great. LOL
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Where I am at in Maryland they have the local favorite is stuffed ham. Uhhh.. yuck. It is a corned ham stuffed with kale and cabbage, spinach and it is god awfull hot and spicy... and not in a good way. It took 2 days to get the taste out of my mouth. The other favorite is the Crab cakes. Not a big crab fan, but they are chunks of crab meat, bread chunks, celery, spices, egg and mayo. Then it is made into a thick patty and fried in butter until golden brown. Then topped with a cream sauce that has sour cream, mayo, yogurt, spices and EVO.
  • fat_forever
    Options
    Where I grew up, there was a place called Captain Harvey's, and they had the best cheese steak subs. When you went in the place (it's a carryout only sub shop), you would see a mountain of sandwich steaks cooking on the grill, as well as a mountain of fried onions. When you ordered a steak or cheese steak sub, they had one person grab a sub roll (the normal sub rolls, not those cheap 12 inch things they try to pass off as a sub roll), and this person would cut the roll and pass it on to the next person. The second person would put whatever you wanted on the sub (mayo, cheese, peppers, relish, etc.) then the next person would add the steak and fried onions, and they piled it on. They'd put on so much steak and onions that the sub had to weight at least 5 pounds. The last person wrapped it up and handed it to you. It was so juicy that you couldn't eat it without getting the juices all over you. We'd keep a roll of paper towels in the car just to use with the sub.