I'm hungry all the time

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    2 eggs AND shredded wheat is NOT a lot of food.

it really is. Esp since you don't know how big the bowl is

I think you're adding an extra zero to your projected calorie intake there...

No way in frackin' hell a couple bowls of cereal is 1200 calories...300...500 tops.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    1 cup of dry shredded wheat is 167 calories. Plus a cup of 2% milk takes it to 300- and do you really think anyone only eats 1 cup per serving? better double that and there you have 1200 calories minus the eggs and sandwich and how many pieces of fruit??.

math, people. use it

300*2 = 1200?

math eh?

Math iz hard... :laugh:

math-is-hard-2-o.gif
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of food. 2 eggs AND shredded wheat? I would split those meals up into a meal plus snacks- and eat more protein

lunch is a sandwich a salad and a piece of fruit? that's a meal and a snack to me

and skip that last bowl of shredded wheat

youre probably hungry because youre used to eating a lot and often

Unless OP is eating two cups of shredded wheat at every meal, that's not a large amount of food.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I personally don't count any of the calories in say, spinach and carrots. Eat all you want of some things, I say, and it seems to work. But even so, I'd still be hungry with as much "bread" as your eating. Things like shredded wheat make me hungry pretty fast (not so for everyone). I would limit the bread-type carbs and grab some nuts instead. More proteins and good oils and you'll feel better. And way lots of green stuff and carrots and such. I've started putting spinach or kale (frozen ones easy) into about everything I cook--even meatloaf and chili are better with kale. Cornbread is better with spinach. I feel best when my eating has lots of veggies and I lift. Or any real work--like digging and building. Sometimes I really struggle with hunger, esp after a period of eating badly like the holidays, but after I stick with it a bit, I'm better.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Ummm so *you* know how big the bowl is as you seem awfully sure it is a lot of food. How big is the bowl then?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: As this seems to be a fiercely debated fact. Exactly how many shredded wheats are you eating and how much milk do you use, and what kind of milk
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of food. 2 eggs AND shredded wheat? I would split those meals up into a meal plus snacks- and eat more protein

lunch is a sandwich a salad and a piece of fruit? that's a meal and a snack to me

Oh,you!! :laugh:

Wait..that was sarcasm, right?

lets hope so …
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    1 cup of dry shredded wheat is 167 calories. Plus a cup of 2% milk takes it to 300- and do you really think anyone only eats 1 cup per serving? better double that and there you have 1200 calories minus the eggs and sandwich and how many pieces of fruit??.

math, people. use it

300*2 = 1200?

math eh?

:laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

and you know how big it is?

I am going to assume it is an average size bowl, hence not that much food…

Unless OP is eating shredded wheat out of pasta sized serving bowl???
  • ndj1979
    Options

math, people. use it

300*2 = 1200????

I am guessing you failed all math classes...
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

:huh: :laugh: :noway:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    With the shredded wheat, whole wheat bread, fruit & more shredded wheat you might be eating too many carbs which spikes your blood sugar making you hungry almost right away.

You could try switching the bread & fruit for a high fat - low carb item. The fat will keep you fuller longer.

I like tuna packets, hard boiled eggs, cheese stick, pepperoni slices, avovado, lunch meat & cheese roll ups...

You could also try a fiber supplement. I like taking 2-3 665mg Glucomannan AKA "Konjac". It's all natural & really fills you up inbetween meals. It's only $5-10 at Target/Wal-Mart.

Hope that helps!! :)

yeaaaa,I am not seeing any carbs in OP's breakdown except some cereal….I eat carbs and am not immediately hungry after eating them...
  • ndj1979
    Options

math, people. use it

300*2 = 1200?

math eh?

:laugh:

this is what happens when people do math in their head...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    f0077194_16241440.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    tumblr_mcyxirpKJJ1rz0x9z.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    tumblr_llv0j4iPh21qzf5leo1_400.gif