Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    My ghetto garage gym

Awwwwh Yeah!

Oly and a rack at home, $$ well spent

forgot to mention a Body Rail as well

My ghetto bedroom gym. Tons of weights, bench, pull up bar. Considering getting a pullout couch so I can ditch the bed and put in a squat rack...

Srs...not srs....

Ok kind of srs. :tongue:

lol think im in love

Wanna help me with my rack?

*snickers* ya see what I did there?

oh god - omw!

lol
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My bedroom.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I haven't lifted any weights for 6 months since I left my crossfit gym. I was there for over a year for strength training to supplement grappling. It got too expensive but I got a full year membership for 200 bucks with unlimited use of 1 guest every time I go at YouFit.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else at home favour working out at home? For all the positives about gyms, they arent half costly and most try and unnecessarily tie you down to a year's subscription.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Retro Fitness member here. It's cheap and provides everything I'm looking for.

I'd love to be able to work out and have all that gear at home though. But... no room and no budget currently, LOL!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The one at my job.
    Free to employees and their families.
    Treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, weight machines and free weights.
    Always open and rarely crowded.

And the weights in the spare bedroom at home I use if I don't have time to lift at work.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I recently joined Planet Fitness too - went with the Black Card membership so I can use it when I travel to visit my Family...

When I can't get to the gym I workout at home using YouTube Zumba videos - no room in my tiny house for weights/treadmill/etc. Even free weights - no where to store them when not in use
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My spare bedroom; has a treadmill and elliptical plus bench, weights, pull up bar and heavy bag.

My workplace gym, (free) has treadmills, bikes, step machine, crosstrainer, weights machines and freeweight (I use it at 10am so it is always empty)
  • zrod81
    zrod81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Golds Gym
    a lot of free weights and stations.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    ymca
  • Get_Fit_With_V
    Options
    I was at Planet . They are a lot cheaper. However, I transferred to LA Fitness. I got more results during the 2 week trial period than I did the entire year at Planet. I will NEVER go back!!.

But to each their own.
    LA Fitness Ive heard of Planet Fitness but I think LA is cheaper
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    My own home gym.....it is awesome.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Prevail is the name of my local gym... been a member for over 5 yrs...but I didn't actually make it a habit until about 18 months ago.

I really wish they offered free tanning... but other than that; it's 24hrs and I like the fact that when I get there at 5am...it's the regulars.

Most people are helpful and if I could just get rid of the people that yak, yak, yak... the whole time... it would be AWESOME! lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    We (wife and kiddos) have a family membership to the Jewish Community Center here in town. Their facilities are outstanding and nicer than any commercial gym in town...much nicer than Sports and Wellness which is otherwise the big fancy gym here...about 1/2 the cost of Sports and Wellness too.

Family membership is $90/month and includes full use of the facilities, including indoor track, pool, weight room (with awesome power lifting rack and olympic platform), any number of "classroms" and numerous classes for spin, yoga, etc. They have all kinds of other extra classes like ball room dancing, swim lessons for the boys, etc at a deeply discounted rate vs a non-member as well.

It's pretty rockin'
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    gym at work. Just wish the hours were a little better
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness! I used to go to Golds but dropped my membership and joined PF during their $10 sign up fee promotion this month! I like it a lot!
  • MeGustaxBm
    MeGustaxBm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym.
    It's honestly such a great place o_o

We practically have everything and even more.
  • MikeInNiles
    MikeInNiles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "The Woman Cave".....my home gym is my pride and joy! Built out of necessity when I moved out to the country and it gets better and bigger every year

I did basically the same thing. My home gym is now a fully functional 1100 sq ft gym from items found on craigslist and gym auctions. I have just about everything I could ever want except for a little more space.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I split between the local YMCA and the weight room at the high school where I teach. The school's is free, and well-equipped for my needs. The YMCA is cheap, but the cost of a monthly membership year-round is cheaper than a three-month to cover the summer plus paying for the Saturday and Sunday daily entries. I feel really comfortable at both locations, and I think that it's much easier for me to excuse the myriad gym sins at cheaper locations. The YMCA is thirtyish bucks a month; I think if I paid close to a hundred or more to watch old men blow dry their *kitten* or young men curl in the squatrack I would have to be more vocal stuff like that.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Local gym in small town. Has everything needed and is 24hrs. Owner/employees only there mon-thur from 4pm-8pm. Swipe key for access. My membership ends at the end of this month though and I'm not renewing. I have installed gym flooring in half of my garage. Spousal unit occupies other half with her vehicle. Also acquired over 800 lbs of free weights when our local high school decided to upgrade their weights. I know the superintendent and he allowed me to bid $1 for the weights. I was the only bidder. lol Anyway, will take up more running, get my elliptical repaired and have all the free weights I need. Only thing I'm going to miss is my gym time was my "me" time. I'm sure their will be multiple interruptions with 3 kids in the house.