Egg Whites Vs Whole Eggs Controversy!

Options
http://www.truthaboutabs.com/whole-eggs-or-egg-whites.html

I always believed in whole eggs and it is criminal to throw away the yolks when they have the most nutrition and good fats....revealed with this article

Vy

Replies

• MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I just simply don't care either way at this point.
    I enjoy whole, over medium eggs as a topping to various other foods (veggies, enchiladas, chinese, etc)
    My cholesterol levels are normal, there is protein involved, and I enjoy the taste.
    Therefor I eat
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I always eat cage free eggs, for the omega 3s and the welfare of the chickens. :)

However, I will sometimes supplement my egg(s) with extra whites (from a container of 100% egg whites because I don't want to be wasteful) for extra protein because I tend to be sensitive to high-fat foods.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    The article started off good, then relied on propaganda to push their agenda......will the horror ever end.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Yeah, whole eggs are great, but eating the whites without the yoke can help if you are trying to hit your protein macro target without going over your target fat intake.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Geez not another one of these threads, more delicious, healthy yolks being thrown out :sad:

Well, at least this one doesn't have someone throwing the yolk out and replacing with cheese :grumble:
  • vijaynarayanan
    Options
    That's most freaking ironic!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Geez not another one of these threads, more delicious, healthy yolks being thrown out :sad:

Well, at least this one doesn't have someone throwing the yolk out and replacing with cheese :grumble:

theres a café I've been to a few times that has an egg white omelette...with cheese. I don't get it. If I don't want yolks, I don't want fat.

I eat whole eggs, but add egg whites for more protein..i get the whites from eggs, not packs of egg white. that stuff is like snot. and likely cage eggs, and pasteurised. i'll take fresh and free range thanks!
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My brother's wife neurotically removes a few yolks whenever she does anything with eggs, and it usually involves a TON of cheese (she's vegetarian), even when we beg after she asks. Because she always asks if she should. And she does anyway.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

That ought to be punishable by some sort of public ordeal. Stoning at the very least.
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Both are nutritious. However, bodybuilders prefer to not to eat the yolk. It contains much fat. It's not quite recommended for an average person to eat more than two whole eggs. Whereas on other hand, you can have up to 10 egg whites.
  • avemaryama
    avemaryama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just can't be bothered to start splitting up my eggs just for an omelette. Besides, I've got chickens on the farm, working hard to give me that whole egg. I won't belittle their accomplishments by throwing out half the deal ;)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I just can't be bothered to start splitting up my eggs just for an omelette. Besides, I've got chickens on the farm, working hard to give me that whole egg. I won't belittle their accomplishments by throwing out half the deal ;)

From the chickens I say thank you for that.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is the precursor to many growth hormones and vitamin D. The more cholesterol in your diet the better. Its the trigycerides and inflammatory markers to watch for heart health. I try to eat 3 eggs per day.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Throwing the yolks of an egg seems like an aberration to me, there is a lot of people in the world dying of hunger and you never know where you might end up. I rather not waste food. If i'm reaching my fat % I rather eat another thing, but you would never see me throwing half of an egg to the garbage.

I eat my eggs whole.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    How ever will I enjoy sunny side up eggs on toast without the delicious yellow center? Oh, I can't? Never gonna give you up. . .
  • vijaynarayanan
    Options
    So whole eggs rock...period
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Never understood the egg white only craze, personally. I get it's lower in fat but it's leaving out the nutrition of the egg! And I'm a soft boiled/over easy/hard boiled egg freak so I always use the whole egg!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled Eggs I just Don't like the yolk, so I give it to my Dog and she loves them :smile:

Over Easy Yes Please!:love:
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has loads of egg whites in the freezer (from yummy desserts that only use the yolk)? I'm determined to make meringues one day, or lemon meringue pie, or something.
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    its not an... either or situation.... its about using the right tool for the job.

If you need the fat and protein. Eat the whole egg. If you really only need protein added to your meal. Eat just the white.