Cravings..sugesstions needed.

Options
13»

Replies

• alpacino9
    Options
    I'll have a protein shake or clif bar in between my meals so I don't get a craving. It's gets easier.
  • kchez1105
    Options
    The FiberOne chocolate brownies are pretty god and they're only 90 calories. I also crave something sweet after lunch. I don't crave it after dinner for some reason, but the lunch is always rough for me. I try to keep a little something in my desk at work, like the FiberOne bars.

These are actually delish for a "diet" dessert!!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    flavored decaf (good quality)
    I've tried soem liquid, flavored stevia sweetener, none of that skanky artificial sweetener. I found some at spouts & got the chocolate. yum in hot coffee, they have also other flavors. Iw ant to try the orange in plain soda water.

I have to be top heavy in protein or I get hungry.

I also really like nuts so I have an oz every day.

I also schedule in nature valley protein bar. 10 gm protein, it has peanut butter & dark chocolate so it tastes like a treat but oddly, since its not "really sweet" I am satisfied once its done. and its the size of a regular candy bar.

really though, budgettting in some treat everyday can help a lot,
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i do the same once in awhile.. i also drink a glass of water or distract myself.. cravings last 20 min usually.
  • MurrayElliot
    MurrayElliot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about food and go do something is my tip of the day. The more you obsess, the more you will obsess. If you must have something, have a cup of tea while you're deciding what to do!
  • 1Lightstep
    1Lightstep Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cravings are hard to resist and there can be a little trial and error involved in finding the right things to curb or satisfy a particular craving. I have found on occasion that when I have a craving for one thing I can eat something else in an attempt to satisfy it, only for the craving to persist. To combat this, I try to map out my diet for the day and adjust it to accommodate my need for certain types of food. When I input what I want to eat in my diary, I often have to reduce it, either by removing certain items or having smaller portions of some things. Making a decision in advance about what I am eating that day and what I am willing to sacrifice in order to fit in that certain something nice, can help. Sometimes, it is enough just to see what the calorie cost is or the exercise time I would need to put in to burn it, to make me decide not to have it.

When I get a craving, where possible I avoid pre-packaged, processed snacks. I find the calorie cost tends to outweigh the satisfaction I get from them. I think my need for sweet things is less than it used to be because I add a banana and an apple into my daily diet. When I do have that need for something sweet I find Clementines help and at less than 40 calories, they have little impact on my calorie allowance for the day.