appetite suppressant pill

Options
13»

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try slimfast that way everything is pre done and limits what I can eat, Yep I am lazy (but I clean cook do laundry run kids everywhere and i really dont sit down until bedtime) too lazy to worry about what Im eating soooooo Im thinking SLIMFAST might be good for me to start! What do you guys think about that idea?

Slimfast is hit or miss in terms of satiation. I'm glad you're looking towards food (sustenance!) instead of pills (potential problems) to help!

Look at nutritional labels. Anything with a high amount of protein will fill you up. Protein bars, pieces of meat, cottage cheese, etc. Things with higher fats and fiber will also satiate you, as well.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just put a tick tack in a sandwich, and eat the sandwich.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try slimfast that way everything is pre done and limits what I can eat, Yep I am lazy (but I clean cook do laundry run kids everywhere and i really dont sit down until bedtime) too lazy to worry about what Im eating soooooo Im thinking SLIMFAST might be good for me to start! What do you guys think about that idea?

I do the same thing all day, eat real food, and fit in 30 min of exercise (most days, sometimes I have to double up because, you know, kids). Unless you are planning on staying on Slimfast and pre-portioned meals for the rest of your life, you're going to need to learn how to incorporate actual meals into your life. I didn't feel like my usual salad today, so I had PB&J on high protein bread for lunch, took 2 min to make, and it's going to fit just fine with the rest of my calories for the day.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    <insert sarcasm font>I have heard HCG works really well...as long as you only eat 500 calories a day

On a serious note. I am married, two kids, full on sports most of the year, work 40+ hours a week, have a dog to take care of...I do this without any "quick fixes". Unless you plan on taking the pill the rest of your life or drinking slim fast (mostly made of chemical crap) for the rest of your life...you may want to stock up on fruits, veggies, and proteins and maybe go play with your kids.
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When people tell you that diet pills are junk, they mean it. I've been here long enough to have tried thousands of dollars worth of useless junk, they do not work. the ones that worked for me were the ones that made my heart race and made chill bumps in my scalp. But I'm gonna tell you what helped me and what is helping even more now - fiber powder. I break the capsules open and sprinkle on half of my food. eat that half first. I feel full throughout the day. Glucomannan is the excellent fiber for doing that, walgreens, walmart, almost any place sells it. I swear its better than any pill out there. you may think it yukky to put on your food but for real sometimes those capsules do not break down when you swallow them.. they dont dissolve that well to put in water. good luck to you, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, you may need a little help. Fiber may be the best way to go. If I am doing something wrong in this forum by recommending fiber, then I'm sorry.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options

again... unless you wanna take SLIMFAST for the rest of your life....
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    When people tell you that diet pills are junk, they mean it. I've been here long enough to have tried thousands of dollars worth of useless junk, they do not work. the ones that worked for me were the ones that made my heart race and made chill bumps in my scalp. But I'm gonna tell you what helped me and what is helping even more now - fiber powder. I break the capsules open and sprinkle on half of my food. eat that half first. I feel full throughout the day. Glucomannan is the excellent fiber for doing that, walgreens, walmart, almost any place sells it. I swear its better than any pill out there. you may think it yukky to put on your food but for real sometimes those capsules do not break down when you swallow them.. they dont dissolve that well to put in water. good luck to you, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, you may need a little help. Fiber may be the best way to go. If I am doing something wrong in this forum by recommending fiber, then I'm sorry.

Hmmmm So getting fiber from fruits and veggies sounds like a lot less work and way less gross. Just sayin.
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing shakeology, but I have to have healthy snacks at work. I plan on two snacks which allows me to eat about every three hours. Weekends are what kills me with food.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

If you're married or have a partner the gas you'll get from Slimfast will render you single.

tumblr_mm73leUTFD1ry5bvco1_400.gif
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Up your protein and good fats. It works wonders on your appetite!
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Well I had some pomegranate juice (Ocean spray).
    It did cut down my appetite.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    no, because if there were, we would all have been skinny long ago... losing weight takes work... its cheaper than the pills really, its free, just some motivation and will power! good luck!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high fat suppresses your appetite or really I think it returns it to normal so you're not constantly hungry. Intermittent fasting has the same effect and often people who eat low carb naturally start to intermittent fast. Here's a couple resources if you've never looked into these ways of eating:

LCHF for Beginners
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

A Beginner's Guide to Intermittent Fasting:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/08/06/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Here's a summary of all the IMHO good things I've taken from this discussion.

Don'ts

1. Diet pills - really expensive and don't really work besides helping to get rid of water weight
    2. Slimfast and Shakeology unless you want to stay on them for the rest of your life and again expensive

Do's

1. Increase protein and veggies. If you cannot get enough protein through diet alone spend your money on a good protein powder.
    2. Increase fiber intake.

Let me add. GNC has a meal replacement protein shake called Lean25 that also has fiber in it. I don't replace meals with it but do use it as a supplement (as a supplement). A good protein powder is cheaper than diet pills, Shakeology, and Slimfast. FiberOne makes some really good snack bars you can throw in the car but you have to watch the sugar content. Or better yet, have a handful of nuts instead.

Learn how to read food labels. Use MFP and take a few minutes to understand macros. Increase protein and fiber and you will suppress your appetite. There is no magic pill.

I don't have kids but I work two jobs, have four dogs and horses that I have to take care of so I don't really cook but I find time to get nutrition on a limited budget as well and workout. I may sound harsh but those are excuses to not change behavior. As someone already said, go play with the kids.

Good luck.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I think you're setting yourself up for more disappointment and you're just not listening to what's being said.

... and if you're too lazy to care about what you're putting in your body for the sake of a few pounds, I feel bad for you.

This!!! We have a winner...
  • aaronengineer
    aaronengineer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here's a summary of all the IMHO good things I've taken from this discussion.

Don'ts

1. Diet pills - really expensive and don't really work besides helping to get rid of water weight
    2. Slimfast and Shakeology unless you want to stay on them for the rest of your life and again expensive

Do's

1. Increase protein and veggies. If you cannot get enough protein through diet alone spend your money on a good protein powder.
    2. Increase fiber intake.

Shakeology and Slimfast are not equivalent. I've tried the chemical based meal replacements and I know they set me up for failure. The Diet pills make the heart race because they are stimulants. Shakeology is a nutrition supplement that is crafted around natural ingredients. When I speak of using it to lose weight I speak from personal experience. Did I alter other parts of my diet? Absolutely. I did that first. I subsequently hit a plateau on that diet that Shakeology helped me with. When I hit my target will I continue to take Shakeology? Absolutely. I WANT to continue to get the nutrition it gives me. I'll increase my caloric intake at that point with additional proteins, fats, and yes a few more carbs.
    There is no magic pill to lose weight without doing anything else. That isn't what was being sought. What was being sought is something to help with the first parts of a new health regime. Most of the comments here have been quite rude and condescending and decidedly less than helpful, when help is what was being sought. I'm sure those of you that responded with sarcasm and snide remarks felt better about yourselves. Now how about extending some help instead of turning your backs?
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is very bad for your heart! I've personally seen a few people be rushed away via ambulance because they took them. I take Zantrex. It's Phentermine free and it helps give me an edge. Does the pill do all the work for me, NO. but it does give me a little boost. You need to drink LOTSSSSS of water with them.
  • LeonMT
    LeonMT Posts: 4
    Options
    If there were, we wouldn't need to be here.

I vote for best answer. Remove the blah blah blah and leave above answer only.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any pills, but eating lots of protein and minimal sugars/starches works to keep my appetite in check.