Thoughts on weighing in?

Options
13»

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I started to weigh in everyday in the morning before food/exercise. Its easier to see trends that way.

Me too.

Me three.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning right after going potty. And then I weigh myself just out of habit more than anything now, right before I go to bed at night. I'm almost always exactly 2 pounds heavier before bed than the next morning so it gives me an idea of what I'll be looking at the next morning. I don't really fluctuate more than .5 a pound most of the time though. Even during TOM I don't, it's kind of weird but whatever. I'm cool with it :)
  • jcarey96
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just to keep myself accountable. Throughout the week it does fluctuate 2-3 pounds. I've made my peace with never understanding why. :)
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every morning, but my "official" weigh in is once a week. Same day, same time, same configuration.

^ Me too.
  • newidentity316
    newidentity316 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. It was REALLY helpful!
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    Everyday is too stressful. Same day, same time, once a week.
    i agree, I had a meltdown today because Iwas 5 lbs heavier, its water weight, but still traumatic!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Most days, in the morning. I then plot it up in excel and plot a trend line, ignoring the daily variations.
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday now only because it keeps me honest and less likely to cheat. I was weighing in only on Sundays, but then it was cheat, cheat , cheat, till around Thursday morning. Then hungry and miserable till weigh in again. It made for a very miserable weekend.

Now, at least if I forget to put something I ate in or don't log what I've eaten for days at least I'm pretty sure of how I'm doing food wise by watching my daily weight. Though I may not record my weight, I still get on the scale daily sometimes twice daily (morning and night). It's my morning before food and nude weight I record.

Same. Although, I record my weight and don't freak out if the scale isn't what I expect one morning. When I was very VERY overweight I weighed in once each week because I liked seeing huge progress. Now I would much rather see a loss of 0.02lbs each day then 1lb/week